My 10k race results

Options
1:05, not the best time ever, BUT........
I beat last years time by 25minutes!! Thank you 59lbs weight loss! :)

Replies

• laura666666
    laura666666 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Huge Congratulations!! I've set myself a goal of doing a 10km race mid May- even if I have to walk half of it. You're an inspiration that it can be done!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Solid time! Knocking 25 minutes off your time from last year is an amazing feat. Amazing feet even.
  • snschuman
    snschuman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing improvement! Congrats, you should be proud! I'm running my first 10K next month. :)
  • poshlust78
    Options
    I'd love to hear about your training schedule! I'm training for a 10-miler at the moment.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Excellent job...25 minutes is a HUGE improvement!
  • izzyl09
    izzyl09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! that's amazing :D I just got into running and have completed a few 5ks (got 35.57 in the last one) through a mix of jogging and walking for a min if I was getting it tough.... I would love to work up to a 10k for the summer!

Any tips for us newbies?? :)
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! That is amazing !!
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a girl! That is a fantastic accomplishment. Any tips for me? I am running my first 10k this Saturday :)
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I dont really have a training schedule. I started with the C25K app on my phone in Feb. 2011 and kept going until I ran my first half marathon in Jan. 2012. I actually stopped running, and only walked on the treadmill at home and that is when the weight started falling off. I was really hungry when I was running long distances, and I ate alot. I started running again on Jan. 1st this year and worked my way back up to six miles. I walk during the week on the treadmill, and I only run on the weekends.
    Good Luck on your upcoming races, and thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!