NEEDED: Smoothie recipe...

Options
oxFaithxo
oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
Is there an overall general recipe for Smoothies: for example just blend fat free yogurt and your choice of fruit??
Or is there going to be a problem with that (i.e. it is too runny, wont taste good, etc.)?

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Nope. Just play around with some things you like and experiment with how liquid-y or thick you want it. Personally, I like my smoothies pretty thick and cold, so I like frozen berries and frozen bananas (the bananas add a lot of creamy texture). I don't use a lot of liquid -- maybe a half cup or so with about a cup of the fruit and then some protein powder. Play around with yogurt, juice, different fruits, etc. It is hard to go wrong.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1/4-1/2c. of orange juice (depending on how thick you want it), 1 cup of frozen fruit and either a couple of packets of Splenda or 1 Tbsp of Agave Nectar to sweeten.

I find this recipe makes a perfect serving size for one.

I usually buy fresh fruit and measure them out into baggies and freeze them so I can just grab one and toss it in the blender in the morning. Right now I have baggies of 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (about 3-4 strawberries depending on size) ready to go. I have a cheap blender so I usually take them out and let them thaw for a few minutes while I'm getting dressed, this helps them blend easier.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like 1 tbsp oats ,semi skimmed milk ,banana,and tiny amount of honey its lovely

natural yogurt,pineapple,mango,peach

nat yog strawberries,blackberries,blueberries,raspberries

the list goes on lol sometime I just throw anything in never had a horrible one yet .
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my favorite. Try 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries, banana, and pomegrante juice 1/2 cup with a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Yummy. If you use frozen banana let it thaw a little or the blender works overtime.

Also, 1 cup of berries, 1/2 cup of orange juice, and protein powder. Or 1 teaspoon instant coffee, 1/2 cup soy milk or low fat milk, protein powder and couple of ice cubes. Play around with it. You can also add yogurt to the smoothies. When I get home I can send some more recipes for smoothies. You can email here.:flowerforyou: I even do a detox with smoothies for my meals.
  • oxFaithxo
    Options
    THANKS, so basically get some fruit and yogurt and some juices and I can't go wrong :wink:

Sounds great!

and i like the portioning before hand and freezing... great idea for quick mornings.
  • abelg99
    abelg99 Posts: 4
    Options
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    This what I call my Strawberry Mango Smoothie, it's delicious!! This makes about 1 cup or little over. If you type the name in MFP you should get the nutri info too. I added it so it should be public. Enjoy!

Dannon Activia - Lowfat Peach Yogurt, 2 oz.
    Tropicana Pure Premium - Orange Juice - Lots of Pulp, 7 fl oz
    Kirkland Signature- (Costco) - Frozen Strawberries, 0.5 cup
    Dole Frozen Mango - Frozen Mango Chunks, 0.3 cup
    Fresh Fruit - Banana Small, 0.5 whole
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    FRUIT SMOOTHIE

8 oz chilled juice your choice
    1/4 cup of of your choice
    1 sliced banana (optional)
    1/2 cup of yogurt low fat your choice

You can also sweeten it with truvia sugar i use it here are the nutrition facts for it

serving size 1 packet
    amount per serving:
    Calories 0
    Total Fat 0g (0% DV)
    Sodium 0mg (0% DV)
    Total Carb 3g (1% DV)
    Erythritol 3g
    Protein 0g (0% DV)
    DV is for the Daily Vaule

Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Overall this taste just like regular sugar. I am able to use this unlike splenda and sweet and low and the others which trigger my miagrines. Good luck with you weight loss.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea sister, thanx ;)
    Ive been trying to find ways to use my magic bullet since I havent used it since alex was a baby. I loved making baby food.
  • oxFaithxo
    Options
    THANKS!
  • lawless12
    lawless12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ice helps make the smoothie thick if that is what you like.
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was searching for more smoothie recipes so I thought I would bump this!