Are my testicles ovaries?

Options

Replies

• bvddj
    bvddj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a raging case of PMS right now, and I still found the OP funny. Women don't dress up and try and look like a victoria secret model for men, they do it for other women. Men don't give a rat's crap that your shoes were $2000 or $20, but other women do. We are competing for the best sperm, and we are trying to beat out the competition. As for you feeling fat, sorry dude, welcome to the world of humans. Try eating less salt and drink more water (as if you have your period).

^Perfectly said...and I'm amused that we're all competing for the best sperm - classic
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Cassius: By you asking, I would say definitely. I am Fat, I am a Man, I accept both. If and when I want to change that (like now) I will. I have begun to make changes the past 15 days or so. So I am Fat still...SO WHAT? It will change in good time or it wont. I am the only one that let it happen, I am the only one that can change me.

That's a great attitude to have! :smile:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have a raging case of PMS right now, and I still found the OP funny. Women don't dress up and try and look like a victoria secret model for men, they do it for other women. Men don't give a rat's crap that your shoes were $2000 or $20, but other women do. We are competing for the best sperm, and we are trying to beat out the competition. As for you feeling fat, sorry dude, welcome to the world of humans. Try eating less salt and drink more water (as if you have your period).

Not going to argue with ya, have some flowers, hope you feel better soon lol :flowerforyou:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    the latest research states that about one in every 100 ppl are able to be classified as intersexed, so yes, it is possible that you are intersexed.

however, ovaries are not the reason for "fat days". that would be the cylical nature of the entirety of the female reproductive system (ovaries included). and the number of intersexed births who would be able to suffer the reproductive "symptoms" of both sexes: Mixed gonadal dysgenesis - for which there is not a current estimate kept. or Complete gonadal dysgenesis which IS estimated, at about one in 150,000 births

i hope that clears this up for you.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If you're not crying uncontrollably for no reason, shoving chocolate and ice cream down your throat while watching The Notebook, or asking people to reassure you that you're pretty then YES. THE ANSWER WILL ALWAYS BE YES.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    In so my friends say WTF?

^^^ Ditto! :laugh: :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Women don't have fat days because we have ovaries, we have fat days because we live in a male-dominated world with rigid beauty ideals that were culturally ingrained into us from birth. :wink:

Wrong. The beauty ideals that women obsess over are by and large created by women for women. Most of us guys don't even notice the stuff you are paying/starving for. Hair/nails/dress size/shoes/scale weight.... Your man no care

Case in point: All these women starving and exercising themselves for an upcoming wedding date. The guy has already proposed and accepts you how you are. You aren't losing weight to impress the guy.

I like reading your posts on this forum, so I won't be too sassy, but the "obsession" is not solely due to men OR women, but culture, media, etc. There's a whole load of stuff that makes it hard to untangle.

But aside from that, yes, you're right that women often feel pressured and uncomfortable amongst other women. Like I said, it has been so culturally ingrained into us from birth that we are even capable of being sexist towards our own sex, without realising. :wink:

I agree there are definitely cultural pressures to look or act certain ways. My disagreement was with the male bashing part of it. Because honestly, we don't care. Whenever those "I Hate Everybody At The Gym" threads pop up, it's never the guys complaining about how the women are dressed or what make up they have on. As long as we can check out your booty in the mirrors we don't care what you're wearing. It's the women checking out and trashing the other women.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    No, but your penis is a fallopian tube.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    besides ovaries, testicles, mood, stress are all just excuses. There are many people which have multiple of the pre-mentioned and are still thin, still success, still good looking. So if you feel fat do something about it. Fat days mean some prior day(s) are the culprit. Accept or change....no one can do it for you, MFP and members can only educate, walk you to the door, the door you chose, and if you go through it is your choice. Man up!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

LOL thats a good thought I'm settling for bargain basement sperm.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Women don't have fat days because we have ovaries, we have fat days because we live in a male-dominated world with rigid beauty ideals that were culturally ingrained into us from birth. :wink:

Wrong. The beauty ideals that women obsess over are by and large created by women for women. Most of us guys don't even notice the stuff you are paying/starving for. Hair/nails/dress size/shoes/scale weight.... Your man no care

Case in point: All these women starving and exercising themselves for an upcoming wedding date. The guy has already proposed and accepts you how you are. You aren't losing weight to impress the guy.

I like reading your posts on this forum, so I won't be too sassy, but the "obsession" is not solely due to men OR women, but culture, media, etc. There's a whole load of stuff that makes it hard to untangle.

But aside from that, yes, you're right that women often feel pressured and uncomfortable amongst other women. Like I said, it has been so culturally ingrained into us from birth that we are even capable of being sexist towards our own sex, without realising. :wink:

I agree there are definitely cultural pressures to look or act certain ways. My disagreement was with the male bashing part of it. Because honestly, we don't care. Whenever those "I Hate Everybody At The Gym" threads pop up, it's never the guys complaining about how the women are dressed or what make up they have on. As long as we can check out your booty in the mirrors we don't care what you're wearing. It's the women checking out and trashing the other women.

"Male-dominated world" wasn't intended as male bashing, I was just stating a fact. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

UmpOi.gif
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to have testicles AND ovaries? I'm tired of looking at myself some days and thinking I look good and looking at myself other days and thinking I look crap. Are men suppossed to have 'fat days'??? :huh:

lol i see some people one here posting mean/offended comments...i think it was funny when I saw it. And since us women have ovaries and have that time of the month we get all crazy I get it :laugh: i totally think it's normal for a man to have "fat days" we are all people no matter the gender we all get our insecure days- i know you meant it as a joke.

:laugh: I can see it from both sides. I'm not offended, but I could see the privilege glimmering through the joke.

I got $5 that says you can see the privilege glimmering through darn near everything.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

BAM!! There it is, right there, folks!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Stick a tampon up your bum and see what happens.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    the same can be stated about men. Dominant culture and marketing has all warped out minds to believe a certain way, buy more, buy more.

I disagree. Everything starts within yourself, and how you view the world. Many women (men too) look frumpy and are as happy as can be and very successful. Have you ever looked at women scientist, CEOs, etc? So beauty being rigid, I think is a fallacy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Look at Donald Trump, he is not an attractive man yet he gets very attractive women more than half his age.

Yes, all women are beautiful, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I never denied that. But the dominant culture DOES dictate a rigid beauty ideal, which is absolutely not a fallacy. :smile:

I believe you are both correct in part. Marketing and social programming drive the choices we make every day. Especially when it comes to beauty and fashion. However, it can't be too radical of a shift from the norm, or noone would buy into it, and it wouldn't sell. The norm is not necessarily set by the markets, as much as the market meets the needs of the norm, and competition forces companies/designers to add their own twist to gain market share over the competition. The question is where does the norm or social mores realted to beauty and fashion come from?

I was just musing on this a tad the other day when I was in the hottub. I am a people watcher. I noticed as the females of all ages (toddler to elderly) ran around the pool area that they all had bathing suits that were way high cut up the hips (I hope that is the correct term, I am not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination) in such a manner that each woman or girl had their entire thigh exposed. There were a few who had "skirts" with their suits to cover the exposed thighs. On the other hand, the males were all wearing swimwear that were basically shorts with drawstrings that came to the mid thigh or below. Why is it that women's swimwear doesn't make a swimsut that covers their thighs and allow for some modesty in those who want it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

UmpOi.gif

Bahahaha! Love the gif
  • Bess_74
    Bess_74 Posts: 68
    Options
    I get what your saying....
    As far as I know, both men and women have both hormones running thru thier bodies. We both have male and female hormones to a certain level. And I'm sure men have "Fat Days" as well as women do.

I think you guys get PMS too!!!! :tongue:
    Sorry you are having an off day, I think everyone regardless of gender, has them....take a deep breath & remember that tomorrow is a new day!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Nicely worded. I was trying to figure out how to express this. But also, I think there is some part of expectations involved. IN the fairy tale wedding, every girl is brought up to believe that when they grow up, they will need to be the most beautiful woman in the room, and that it will be their big special day. It gets to the point that there is a lot of pressure to try and meet those expectations that are ingrained in society and perpetuated through media and stories.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

This is drastically changing my Paradigm about man's naturally competitive nature. I used to believe that us men were trying to get/attract the best mate, but this really makes more sense. Our competitive nature is to try and prove we have the best sperm, thereby attracting as many females as possible, not just the best one.

Cripes, we really are just trying to get the alpha position of the pack so we can get all the b*tches
This discussion has been closed.