Cheese

Options
Hi All,

So, my stepmom and my dad came over the other night to babysit the kids, and well while she was leaving she was saying how there was some leftover cheese in the fridge. When I looked, I swear I have never seen such a large block of cheese in my fridge ever- and in 2 different types too boot! There was orange cheddar and white cheddar. The problem is that both were literally the size of brick that you build a house with! I love cheese, but it's not the most healthiest for you, but am wondering if anyone has some ideas what I can do with this cheese. I don't wanna throw it out, because it seems too wasteful.

Thanks!

Replies

• virtualjunkyard
    virtualjunkyard Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Eat it! It's good for you! I've lost 31 pounds eating cheese and bacon!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a pretty heatlhy food. Good protein snack with apples or whatever.

ANyway. I often buy the giant blocks of cheese because it is cheaper, then when I get home I cut them into 3 or 4 smaller bricks, wrap and bag the portions and keep them in the freezer. You can pre-grate it and freeze it too.

Just be sure to buy quality freezer bags.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    You can make cheese bread and freeze it.
    Melt the cheese and freeze it in small bags to use later
    Make cheese soup and freeze for later
    Home made mac and cheese/freeze for later
    Home made Pizza's for the little one Bree

The texture will change a bit if you freeze it, but the taste will still be there.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You can cut some off to keep in the fridge and put some in the freezer?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Make some good old fashioned Mac and Cheese your children and husband will love you.

Freeze It! If the end of the world happens you have a good source of protein.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You've been misguided by the general public. Cheese is okay for you. It's actually very nutritious. Enjoy in moderation.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like to use it in quiche. Eggs, cheese, lots of veg... can't go wrong!
  • creatureofthewind
    Options
    Throw away your pre sliced kraft cheese and use that/
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've started eating more cheese since I started calorie counting. I like all the different varieties available and buy mine at Whole Foods. I eat it in a wrap with hummus and fresh spinach and also daily in an egg white omelette(with spinach). Yum. I am careful to measure it. I weigh it and eat 1 ounce portions.
  • aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Grate it, divide it into baggies and freeze. Then you can use just what you need in casseroles, etc.