Exercising twice a day, will it help me more

Options
It's been about 7 weeks and I've lost about 11 lb so far. Recently I've been better at time management and I've increased my exercising to twice a day. In the morning I do an intense workout on my gazelle, I typically burn about 330-360 calories in about 30 minutes. Then in the evenings I'm doing Insanity. I give it my all for both work outs and I'm very sweaty afterwards. I've been averaging about 1400 calories a day, but I feel that I might need to increase this a bit since I started exercising a bit more. If I follow this plan, is it realistic for me to lose at least 10 pounds or a pants size in the next 5.5 weeks? I'm 5'2" and 150 lb.

Replies

• Birddog6424
    Birddog6424 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That first 10lbs in 5.5 weeks is very feasible. Your workout routine looks fine.

Focus on your diet. That's where the rubber meets the road.
  • clee4335
    clee4335 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have done two-a-days before with Insanity and I loved it, BUT I ended up wearing myself out. I think eating quite a bit more calories while doing a workout twice a day is a good idea or you will run out of energy.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well, the more you exercise, as long as you aren't injuring yourself, the more calories you burn & the more muscle you build. On the TV show "The Biggest Loser," they do a 3 hour workout in the morning w/trainers, then a 3 hr workout in the afternoon w/the trainers, and are expected to do stuff on their own, at other times, as well. But they do have medics, doctors, & cameramen following them around.
    ADDED NOTE: Most people just don't have time for twice daily workouts. I TRY to do 30 min of cardio in the morning, & a couple of hours of weight workout. In the afternoons I try to do a lighter 30 min cardio, just to keep my muscles loose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Exercise for fitness; use your diet for weight control. You can over-train and do more harm than good.