Your Favorite Protein Shake/Bar

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for a better alternative to my usual granola bar and coffee in the morning. I know I need more protein, but cannot stomach the thought of anything salty in the morning. Any ideas? What is your favorite protein shake/bar? I'm interested in low calorie, good tasting, and those that settle well in the stomach.

Replies

• tallulahalice
    tallulahalice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favourite supplements are:
    Horleys Carbless Crunch protein bars - they have a rice crispy texture, no yucky aftertaste, and are quite filling.
    Atkins Indulgence choc caramel flavour - smaller bar, not as filling but the closest thing to a choc bar I've had (maybe not good breakfast material here, but great for when you have sugar cravings)
    Balance Whey protein powder vanilla - Nice flavour and mixes well with any fruit for smoothies (or tastes good plain with water).
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stabilize bars from Costco..sold in the nutrition/ beauty area. The come in mint chocolate or peanut butter...doesn't have a lot of crap in them. The mint chocolate chip taste like a girl scout cookie to me.
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    why not some greek yogurt? one of the little containers usually has the same amount of protein as a protein bar
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Gnc whey protein with low fat milk, or Greek yogurt if you get tired of the same ole junk
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition 100% gold standard whey. SO YUMMY! Especially when you throw in frozen fruits (berries, bananas etc) and ice cubes.