Food diary logging in advance? As you go? End of the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    normally as im putting something into my mouth
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    You can't start the day until it's finished. - Tom Venuto

Advance!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    It all depends... sometimes as I eat... especially if has a bar-code I can scan with my phone. If I have to search for something I usually wait until later when I'm home.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    A little of both.

I usually log my breakfast and lunch right after lunch, and then log what I'm thinking of having for dinner and see if it fits into my daily calorie goal.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I enjoy logging everything in advance. When I have a plan, I know already what my totals will be, and I resist the urge to stray. Plus it helps with buying groceries :)
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A little bit of both. I pre log every night for the next day (except weekends) and I leave enough left over for randomness during the day. When the randomness occurs I log that as I go. :)
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I pre-log certain sections when I know I'm going to be home or at school and can monitor it. But most of the time I log as I go through the day. I also sometimes base what I'm going to eat next off of how much sugar, carbs and fat I have already intake.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    During the week breakfast & lunch I normally log in advance (log lunch when I am packing my lunch bag)
    As far as everything else I DON'T eat it until it's been logged!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    When I log breakfast and I know what I have planned for lunch and dinner, I will prelog and then change accordingly as I go.
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I log through out the day and adjust as I go and it helps keep things in balance
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I log at least 1000 calories in advance, and leave the rest up for chance because if I get too structured I get too tempted to fall off the wagon. It's been the least stressful because I know I have a base, and I know if I want something bad enough I can find a way to fit in into the remaining 500 calories.

I also eat very similar things during the week, and just add some different ingredients each day to make it exciting.
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As I go.
  • Weekenjetsetter
    Options
    thatd the way to do it keep up the good work
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In the morning I finish it, so I have a good idea what I have to work with.

May change throughout the day.