What to do with PB2

Options
SlimSumday
SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
Okay, so I found a really cool store that sells all kinds of healthy low calorie, high fibre foods and bought a jar of PB2. Now what? It smells great and I want to incorporate it in stuff, but I need ideas. Help!!

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mix it with yogurt or in a smoothie!
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use some in my shakes. I have also rolled sliced banana in it. if you checkout http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes there are some amazing ideas
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love it on rice cakes or I dip a banana in it. I simply cannot live without mine! You might want to do a search on the message boards for "PB2" because I've seen some neat ideas on earlier posts. Whoever invented it is a genius! Enjoy! :)
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good ideas to start with. Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

I would throw it in the garbage.

How do you take a wonderful food like peanuts and take out all the good parts and then make it into some bionic powder?

And, more to the point, WHY?????????

Peanut butter is nutritious and delicious and full of minerals your body can use. What IS powdered, low fat, low cal peanut stuff?
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

How do you take a wonderful food like peanuts and take out all the good parts and then make it into some bionic powder?

Peanut butter is nutritious and delicious and full of minerals your body can use. What IS powdered, low fat, low cal peanut stuff?

What's wrong with wanting a peanut taste without all the calories from peanut butter added into some of the above-mentioned foods?

The taste from PB2 isn't even that bad, imo. You're just grouchy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

What's wrong with wanting a peanut taste without all the calories from peanut butter added into some of the above-mentioned foods?

Yeah, I get like that when people buy fake food. :tongue:

Why waste your hard earned money on something with no calories or nutrients. *mind boggled* ??
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I mix it with water and eat it straight...but that's just me. But...to be more normal....I also:

--mix with water to make 2T (instructions explain) and put on sweet potatoe
    --put in shakes
    --mix with vanilla yogurt
    --mix into oatmeal
    --mix with guac and water and spread on bagel (don't knock it till you try it)
    --by complete accident I put it on my grilled chicken....it was AWESOME
    --spread on any kind of fruit
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Gotta be the real thing for me ;)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I make a pb/fruit roll up.

flatout bread ( like a tortilla )
    2 tbsp PB2 mixed according to directions
    Strawberries or Blueberries ( slice strawberries )
    Sprinkle of cinnamon

Spread PB2 on flatout bread. Add fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up and cut into pinwheel slices. Enjoy!
  • Textmessage
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

Yeah, I get like that when people buy fake food. :tongue:

Why waste your hard earned money on something with no calories or nutrients. *mind boggled* ??

---Skippy Creamy PB
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp (32 g)
    Calories 190
    Total Fat 16g
    Total Carbohydrate 7g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 7g

---PB2
    Serving size: 2 Tablnsespoo (12 grams)
    Calories: 45
    Total fat 1.5 g
    Total carbohyde 5
    Dietary fiber 2
    Suars 1 g
    Protein 5 g

Totally devoid of nutrition?
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

I agree. Look for a natural peanut butter with no added sugar or oils. PB2 has added sugar to make up for whatever the hell they do to it.
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    If your doing anything with peanuts, I don't think you're really that concerned with nutrient dense foods. Peanuts are to nuts as bottom feeders are to the ocean. Let them have they're low cal garbage.
    Well....you asked.....

• Textmessage
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

I agree. Look for a natural peanut butter with no added sugar or oils. PB2 has added sugar to make up for whatever the hell they do to it.

That 1g of sugar per serving is a killer. X_x
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have recipes for oatmeal pancakes and super skinny peanut butter pie for PB2. I also add it in with normal pancake batter for peanut butter pancakes.

Oatmeal Pancakes: 1 banana, 1/3 egg whites or liquid egg (or 2 eggs for more calories), 2 tablespoons PB2, cinnamon, blueberries, 1/2 rolled oats

Mash the bananas up as much as possible. Then, add in the oats, egg, PB2 and cinnamon (add cinnamon to your preference...they are a bit bland without it). Stir well and then add in blueberries. I usually use 50 grams or 1/2 of those little containers. Mix in the blueberries and scoop onto a griddle to cook like normal pancakes. They will take a little longer, but bubble up the same and then flip and cook the other side. Should make 2-3 pancakes depending on how large you make them. Calorie counts is approx 350 with 63 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein and >250 grams of sodium. They are great and keep me full for hours...plus only take about 10 minutes to make.

Skinny Peanut Butter Pie: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-no-bake-peanut-butter-pie.html

I follow the above recipe but replace the better n peanut butter with PB2 (same amount) and I did 8 oz of cream cheese which made it more filling. If you follow the rest of the recipe, I think you get 6 slices for 90ish calories a slice by using PB2 instead. The pie turned out AMAZING and even my husband couldn't tell it was "skinny".
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

WHY??? do you care what anyone else eats? Mellow out. I think everyone knows that peanut butter is yummy and good for you, but obviously it is very high in fat and calories. PB2 is a good option for people trying to lose weight.

For the OP, check out Bell Plantation's site for lots of recipes:

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I bought PB2 because I love peanut butter in my oatmeal, but didn't want all the extra calories. :-)
  • barbd70
    barbd70 Posts: 35
    Options
    bump