I'm Overweight!

Options
I have finally reached the place in my weight loss journey where I am no longer obese, and to celebrate I took a new picture today so I could have a side by side comparison. I. Was. Shocked. I encourage EVERYONE to take progress pictures no matter what, because it can seriously help you stay motivated. 33lb didn't sound like a lot to me(when I have 85 to lose total), but it definitely looked like a lot more than I thought. Our minds can play tricks on us, keeping us thinking we aren't looking smaller, we haven't lost as much as we should, etc. I was dealing with those thoughts and feelings a few weeks ago, and now that is TOTALLY out the window! I can't wait to take another set in the same outfit 4 months from now when I'm nearing the end of my journey. :) For those curious, I maintain a low-moderate carb diet, eat between 1700-1800 calories a day depending on exercise burn, completed 30 Day Shred in December, C25k between January-March, and have started Insanity!

12/2012, Around 200lb:

20121205_123726.jpg

04/2013, 175lb:

20130409_134428.jpg

Edited to add: Ignore my messy dresser/room please! lol

Replies

• ninilynn70
    ninilynn70 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Keep up the good work!
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress, congrats!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    huge differance you look great keep up the great work
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Such a big difference! Congrats!
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome!
  • caseyhubenthal
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats :) To be honest though, I'm doing the math, looking at your pics I don't see how you have another 50lbs to lose!! I think you look great.
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    looking great! I love that you are wearing the same shirt, but it looks completely different now!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Congrats, first of all!! You look amazing!
    Second, how tall are you? I ask because I'm short (5'2) and currently at 206lbs ... look a lot like you as far as body shape. I can't remember what I even look like at 175. -____-
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congrats! job well done! thanks for sharing....ciroc :)
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    wow! great job! you look wonderful
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember being so happy when I was overweight too. ;)

33 pounds is no small thing at all. That takes a lot of dedication and work to achieve. Also, completing the 30 Day Shred and C25k is also monumental.
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing - great inspiration!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats, first of all!! You look amazing!
    Second, how tall are you? I ask because I'm short (5'2) and currently at 206lbs ... look a lot like you as far as body shape. I can't remember what I even look like at 175. -____-

I'm 5'5. :)
    Thank you!!
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I could use a mfpal like you...sending a request!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    This is pure gold! You are so right about the pics!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! Overweight is my next goal. 7 pounds to go. You inspired me... I'm going to make plans now for a picture!! I was going to wait until I had lost 125 pounds (overweight will be 114 lost), but I'm going to do it sooner. I need motivational things more often these days.

You look amazing!! Those 33 pounds made a big difference! Yay you!!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic progress! Proud of you
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! You all made my day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!