Looking for friends!!!

Options
Been on this for a couple of weeks and decided I need some motivitational support. Losing very slowly, staying at calorie allowance, My problem is exercise, I work full time retail so I am on my feet all day long. Having a hard time getting my self to exercise once I am home. Any one else in the same boat???

Replies

• PatseyMac
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same way. I'm a professional chef and on my feet all day so like you once I'm home I don't want to do anything.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    When you work you usually just wanna come home. I know the feeling. I broke the habit by bringing my gym clothes with me in my car and i'd usually follow through. Soon enough I actually wanted to go workout, even if work was draining. I work at Target unloading trucks and im on my feet the whole time too and do frequent heavy lifting. One thing I did was buy those gel insoles for your shoes. They make a difference. Your feet may still be stiff and sore after standing all day still, but they do help.
  • theloft51
    theloft51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is going before work an option? I work 12 hour shifts and have run into this problem as well, especially when the feet are dying after standing all day. If I can't go before work, I make sure to pack the gym bag (like another poster mentioned) and keep it on the front seat. Maybe keep a healthy power snack in there as well for energy. The toughest thing about working out is getting to the gym. If you want it bad enough, you'll go, and soon your body will feel off if you don't go.
  • peachesevie
    Options
    I'm on IP (week 1) so luckily at the moment exercise is not a requirement, but I previously found that fitting my workout in the am before anything else does the trick. Yes the first week is intense, but after a while it becomes addictive and interestingly enough it gives me lots of energy for the day. Not to mention I tend to make better decisions when it comes to the food I eat during the day as I don't want my workout to have been in vain.

Evie
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am a nurse, on my feet all day. I make myself either work out before work or immediately after work, so I do not have time to sit down and talk myself out of it! :flowerforyou: