Need Chicken Marinade Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I wasn't offended. No apology necessary. I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk, either. Couldn't think of another way to ask that question. I'd never heard anyone suggest that chicken wasn't healthy. And I guess I just assumed that on this site eating chicken without skin was the rule. haha. :)

Fat isn't my problem. I have to watch carbs. (I have insulin resistance.)

Anyway, I'd never considered Zatarains. Maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My favorite and very delicious one is to cut up in small cubes some fresh ginger (about 1/2 cup cut up), a jalepeno pepper, a couple cloves of garlic, a handful of cilantro, and a little bit of plain non-fat/low-fat yogurt. Add a bit of salt and even cumin. Mix it all up in the blender/food processor. Let chicken marinade in this for a few hours and then bake or grill. If grilling, add a touch of oil to prevent sticking to the grill.

Very tasty and healthy!
  • dawsondl
    dawsondl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the virgin olive oil with Mrs. Dash's seasoning. It has 0 sodium which is important for me (HBP) which is down to normal now since getting back on a low sodium diet. :-)
  • susielou
    susielou Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just did this the other day: Extra Virgin olive oil, rosemary, grated onion, and orange zest and then grill. It smelled wonderful as well as tasting good.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe I found for beef fajita marinade, but I use it for chicken, and it's delicious! (I find that the amount of black pepper called for is a bit much for my taste. 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon is my preference.)

* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
    * 1/4 cup tequila
    * 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves (preferably Mexican oregano)
    * 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
    * 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
    * 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour marinade over meat in shallow glass, plastic or other non-reactive container (a 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag works well). Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    OMG...all of these recipes sounds soooo good!!! I saw that a few people said that low fat Italian dressing works. How long do you marinade it for??
  • mjb10
    mjb10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did this for chicken breasts, but it would work fo you.

1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal...crushed into a bread crumb consistency
    1/4 cup Egg Beaters
    Whatever spices you like. I used pepper, little bit of seasoned salt, onion flakes, and garlic. Next time I'm going to try using a packet of dry ranch. I also read somewhere you can put buffalo sauce on them if you like hot stuff.

Add spices to crushed cereal.
    Dip chicken in egg beaters.
    Roll in Fiber One Cereal.
    Place on a pan with non-stick spray.

Cook at 375 for 20-25 minutes, flipping once.

Each chicken breast has about 140 calories!! Very yummy!!!!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try marinating in low fat yogurt and curry powder/paste. Yummy.
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This sounds really gross but it is soooo good.

Marinate chicken in mayo and minced garlic! you can use reduce fat or fat free. Let marinate for 30 minutes or longer. Just bake it. It gives it the best flavor and soo juicy.
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    tag