Should I do exercise, i have lower back pain

Options
I did aerobics after two months yesterday and I have got lower back pain now, i am unable to bend through my back, and it hurts when i try to move :(, I was about to do my 5th day of JM 30 DS challenge which i dropped because of this pain. I want your ideas guys, i should be doing exercise or not? And what should i do to get rid of this pain :(

Replies

• Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    If your ankle was twisted, would you run on it?

If you have pain, something is wrong. Usually it is a soft tissue injury or aggravation. Anti-inflammatory medications such as naproxen or ibuprofen can help with the discomfort as well as the healing process. However, it all depends on the injury sustained, which needs to be examined by a health care practitioner or even personal trainer (they generally have adequate knowledge of physiology and anatomy).

The best thing for an injured body part is always rest.

If you did decide to run on that twisted ankle, it could turn into a broken ankle, which could turn into a twisted knee, or a broken leg, or a face plant that results in the loss of a tooth, etc.

Working out with a back injury, even if it is just a muscle pull, could result in a ligament or tendon tear, a herniated spinal disc, a fall, etc.

It is always best to rest and ease back into your activities. Even if you take medication to help with the discomfort, you are still working with aggravated tissues, which means impaired structural integrity, and like a building, impaired structural integrity can lead to collapse.

In the mean time, application of heating pad for 15 minutes at a time may help, especially if it is a muscular injury (which they usually are) and an ant-inflammatory medication for the discomfort. Speak to your pharmacist about an appropriate medication. Make sure you are not allergic to any medications and talk over any risks with your pharmacist.

Get better soon,
    - Mharren
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    I think you should listen to your body. This may be more of a question for your doctor.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If your ankle was twisted, would you run on it?

If you have pain, something is wrong. Usually it is a soft tissue injury or aggravation. Anti-inflammatory medications such as naproxen or ibuprofen can help with the discomfort as well as the healing process. However, it all depends on the injury sustained, which needs to be examined by a health care practitioner or even personal trainer (they generally have adequate knowledge of physiology and anatomy).

The best thing for an injured body part is always rest.

If you did decide to run on that twisted ankle, it could turn into a broken ankle, which could turn into a twisted knee, or a broken leg, or a face plant that results in the loss of a tooth, etc.

Working out with a back injury, even if it is just a muscle pull, could result in a ligament or tendon tear, a herniated spinal disc, a fall, etc.

It is always best to rest and ease back into your activities. Even if you take medication to help with the discomfort, you are still working with aggravated tissues, which means impaired structural integrity, and like a building, impaired structural integrity can lead to collapse.

In the mean time, application of heating pad for 15 minutes at a time may help, especially if it is a muscular injury (which they usually are) and an ant-inflammatory medication for the discomfort. Speak to your pharmacist about an appropriate medication. Make sure you are not allergic to any medications and talk over any risks with your pharmacist.

Get better soon,
    - Mharren

Thankyou Mharren
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    i deal with neck pain. I want to make this point very clear. DO NOT SCREW AROUND WHEN IT COMES TO BACK AND NECK PAIN.

Slow down for awhile. I would really reccomend seeing a docter. Try swimming for awhile. Stretch, bend at the knees. Work out as your body allows but don't hurt yourself.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Idk I say yes but I limit myself. Only you knows your body & how much your body can handle