Is it food, junk or sweets that get you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    None.

Usually it's females.

Or booze.
  • walkinon_sunshine
    Options
    Hmm,
    Sweets sometimes, I like my coffee with fattening sugary flavours in it.
    My biggest problem actually is bingeing and it can really be on anything at the time, sometimes cake, ice cream, bread, salty things, nuts, chocolate, crackers, leftovers in the fridge.... Actually, my binge foods can be defined by one phrase: "Foods that I can hide/ no one will know they are gone."
    I'm sure im not the only one, im so glad that these binges are becoming less frequent and much less severe.
    Lets take it one day at a time; We can all heal ourselves from our food addictions :)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    sweets for sure. As i say often, Cheesecake is my Kryptonite.
  • sophasaurus
    Options
    Mine would definitely be salty/fatty foods more so than sweets or dairy! Like chips or two minute noodles, definite downfalls for me!
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    Ooooh I have a couple of things - I find it almost impossible to say no to cheesecake. I love chocolate too and really struggle with stopping at one of two pieces. I'm giving organic dark chocolate a go, I'm trying to limit myself to half a bar a week. Salty snacks really get me to - potato crisps especially, snack crackers, rice crackers, hot chips. YUM! I'm cutting all of that out for the next 12 weeks (because I've just started a 12 week challenge), but I have picked up roasted and flavoured chic peas that will be my sensible alternative.

My problem with these vices of mine is not so much that I like them, but my tendency to binge on them. I'm hoping to eventually be able to be sensible with my portion sizes and let these delicious treats back into my life without the binge factor.

I can really feel your pain on this one. The deciding factor for me on trying to stop all these bad snacks is plugging in the calories every piece. Then figuring up how much I will have to work out just to make up for that. Trust me it's stopped me dead in my tracks many days since I've started. And avoid aspartame that stuff will poison you. I tried doing the jello and sugar free rout last time I lost the weight. It killed my energy and just made me crave sweets even more :(

I don't know much about aspartame. But I am making a conscious effort to stay away from diet coke (which I love) and sugar free energy drinks (that I also love). I'm drinking water, tea and a coffee a day. Protein bars are a staple in my diet though because I find that being so sweet I don't have sugar cravings like I used to. I like to have one an hour before I work out to keep my energy levels up. I only have a mini one and once a day but they really work for me. Esp the low carb ones since I'm trying very hard to limit my carbs.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    mine are chocolate and baked goods. Like cookies and brownies. I usually try avoiding baking because I end up going crazy eating it all... lol.