Are FitnessFirst gyms Any good ??

Options
Im just wondering if anyone uses Fitnessfirst as i'm looking to become a member in one of the top ones in london (fitnessfirst-highbury) instead of paying the cheap 20 quid i pay now for my current gym i would pay 60 so need some idea as to if they are any good. I have seen that there are so many different classes so just needed a little input from anyone who uses them. Many thanks hazel.

Replies

• mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My gym was a Fitness Frist until it changed hands a few months ago- I was happy with it but wouldn't have paid £60 for it. No idea how much the London ones differ though.
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Can't you go in and ask for a tour? See what facilities they have, how clean it is and what classes they offer? That's what I didi when I joined the gym here. I'm at a fitness first in Leipzig, but it's 40euros a month. I'm very happy there but for 60 quid it would have to be amazing!
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to work in Fitness First and to be honest youre looking for the classes they offer as their equipment is just like any other gym. I think some FFs in London have pools and spa areas as well (henceforth the extra cost). Any membership consultant will take you on a tour but they are trying to get a sale so they’ll want to sit down and talk about money at the end but dont feel pressured- they will normally throw lots of deals at you the more hesitant you are but feel free to walk away and think about what’s best for you! Either that or pay £10 for a day guest past and look at the place yourself :)

Rach xxxx
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Better than an LA fitness.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If you want classes and you'll make the most of I I.e. go 3/4 times a week then it's usually worth it :)
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a member at the Highbury Black Label and really like the gym. They have lots of classes a pool, sauna, steam room and spin room. The equipment is always kept working and the rest of the gym is tidy. They have a good free weights room. TRX suspension system, power plates, punch bag areas. Changing rooms and showers are a good space. There is also a good physio that works there called Nick i have a had a couple of sports massages from him. They have someone who also does beauty there, waxing etc etc.

Oh they are also about to open a mini salon so you can also have a haircut!!

I guess it depends what you want from the gym?

It is quite expensive but it's black label and in London, lots of gyms are!

Hope this helps.

Jo
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm a member of Fitness First in York - I pay under half the price! But I honestly can say I don't regret the decision, the staff are lovely and there is a lot of equipment so you're never stood waiting for someone to finish with something :) Obviously accounting for London prices I would still want to know why they charge £60 but like Rach said that could easily be because of the spa facilities/pool they offer : ) x