Body fat calculator..

Options
In case anyone is interested:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

Not sure how accurate it is, is there a standard rule for defining % body fat?

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    this thing can kiss my butt.
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump for later!

Thanks by the way!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    this thing can kiss my butt.

LOL! Well, I'm just barely out of the obese category, if that makes you feel better! I'm 1/3 fat. *sigh*
  • rsdoze
    rsdoze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There's no way that thing's right. I weigh 156 right now and that thing says that I have 50 pounds of fat. I'm 5'8" and I've never been close to 106 pounds. If I was, I'd be in the hospital. At 125, I was very sickly.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    right? that's what i'm saying...

according to that site, i'd have to be anorexic in order to have a healthy amount of body fat. even if i do it for 110 pounds at 5'0'', it still says i have too much body fat.
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Sorry ladies! I wasn't sure of the accuracy, but it was only slightly off of the one done for me at Curves, so I figured it wasn't too bad! I mean, at Curves they just have you hold on to some little thing until it beeps! How accurate could that be?

It is odd that it doesn't ask for height... I hadn't considered that!
  • viverevolution
    viverevolution Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure that's accurate, and I don't think that is the one the US Navy uses......
    I think this one is much better:
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've tried it just for the fun of it and it doesn't work for me. It says that I have a body fat of 33% and I used the body composition machine at the gym that I go to and i have a body fat of 25% so it's a bit off to say the least :wink:
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Well, I don't like the Navy one any better! It gives me a result of 45% body fat, almost 13% higher than the other one! Ack!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    please. who needs body fat calculators anyways?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    waaaaaaay wrong. :laugh: I just had mine done a few weeks ago. There is no way I have gained over 10% body fat. :laugh: I haven't gained an inch let alone a lb. I'm just sayin' if you did it take the results with a handful of salt. :wink:

Alrighty so I had to go back and try the navy one. The first one said 30.1% and the navy one said 14. So there ya' go :laugh: (FWIW the professional one done by the Dr. was 20.09)
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Fair enough! It was in my list of measurements in my-check in... I may just take it out! :)
  • sweetoblivion314
    Options
    This one is way off. Says I have 35% body fat. A caliper test I took when I was 25 lbs heavier read 26%.
    I like this one http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html
    It has always been very close to the caliper tests I have taken.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Oh dear...... was feeling very positive but have just found out that with this tool, I am obese - joy!!!!!!!!
  • InsanityLover
    Options
    what about this one: http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

the other two posted above says (navy url) im 27% and the other one says im 32% and the one I posted says i'm 13.1%.

wth ... which one is more accurate? lol

being exactly 5 feet tall, i feel like the one i posted is more accurate only because im 113 lbs of lean and 17.2 lbs fat. the navy link says im 96 lbs of lean and 35 lbs of fat which i think is bull crap cause i NEVER EVER been 96 lbs in my whole life .... maybe when i was 10-13 years old. lolz ... the lightest i've been was 114 lbs, which is the reason i feel the body fat calculator i've listed is more accurate. but then again, i really dont know!

LMK!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    none of them will be very accurate. These types of tests are never all that accurate. They can be up to 15% off, not really accurate enough to be used for weekly or even monthly changes, too much fluctuation. Better to have an actual test done.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Can't be right for everyone. I am large frame with more muscle. It won't be the same for me as a petite frame with no muscle. Thanks for the info though.:smile:
  • longhorns2
    longhorns2 Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, any online body fat % calculators have had too varying answers for me to trust them. Not to be a noob, but where's the best place to get the actual test done? I don't go to the gym anymore so I don't know if they'd even test me without some kind of charge. If that's how it even works, lol. :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    31.5% which is very close to what the trainer told me :angry: just before I fired her:grumble:

Only kidding. :love: my trainer!! :heart: :heart: