Polar FT question... need help?

Options
Hi All,

HRM question... does anyone have a Polar strap which has the plastic bits inside, my new one does but my original strap has a meshy bit inside. I ordered a new strap as I kept losing my HR, it was saying 00. I changed the batteries in the watch and the rectangle thingy that attaches to the strap so I figured the strap was faulty...

Do you wet the plastic as you do with the other kind? It was temperamental and worked when I first put it on but stopped just in time for my arrival at the gym....

Any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks x

Replies

• wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    I had a Polar that I used for years and loved it. The watch needed a new battery and I got it changed but it never worked quite the same, kept losing time and the reading didn't seem right so I bought another one. I never could get the heart rate to show up on the new one so I took it back. I ended up buying a Timex and I like it but not like I did my first Polar.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've had it for quite a while and its been back to Polar a few times, kinda didnt want to buy a whole new one! :sad:
    I love my Polar.. just want it to work like it used to...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Use HRM gel. It's needed on the hard straps. Very cheap look on eBay or amazon HRM gel / ECG gel. I had the same problem, bought some gel... Bam it works.

I've eventually. Swapped over to Garmin. Far too many polar issues. Much happier with the Garmin!

Zara
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thanks Zara
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Your welcome!
  • tlb905
    tlb905 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I have used that type of Polar strap for a few years. And yes, you do have to wet the 2 contact areas of the strap or it won't read right. I just run it under hot water before my workout so it's not cold when I put it on. I did have to replace the strap once in 3 years when it started reading 00 before or during workouts. But if you take care of it like their website says, it will last longer. (It says to wash the whole strap with mild soap after each use, and even run the snap-on monitor part under water as well).
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I wash my straps(without the actual electronic part) in the washer but never dry them. They seem to have held up well. The gel thing is brilliant!