The Only Reason I meet my Calorie goal is through exercise

Options
I've noticed that the only reason I meet my Calorie goal every day is because of the calories I earn at the gym. Today was the first day since starting MFP that I didn't go to the gym and i ended up 150 calories over. Is this a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be a problem because you're supposed to eat back your exercise calories anyways. Some people swear by it, others choose not to eat any of them and some go down the middle and eat half of them. As long as you're loosing you should be good to go.
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not the only person going through that. I have days where I force myself to go out and exercise because I ate over my goal. Just stay consistent, and I think you'll be fine.
  • wolverinefactor
    Options
    I try to eat at least my min 1500 but I rarely make that and my workouts give me almost double the cals to eat, not even possible for me to eat. But I know that the bad days where I actually go over 1500 are okay because the other days are so low.
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    yeah, since i started calorie counting i've become an exercise fanatic. not because i love exercise, but because it's the only way for me to feel like i get enough food every day! on my days off of exercise, it's really hard for me to stay under my calorie goal. i don't quite feel like i'm starving, but i can eat so little it feels uncomfortable (and it's very easy to accidentally eat too much).

i need the wiggle room that exercise gives me.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a petite girl so netting 1200 a day is still a relatively small loss. That means if I go over at all I don't lost. I'm just no good at eating 1200 every day I need to exercise so I can eat!
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    No this isn't a problem. I am assuming that you are trying to lose weight therefore you are not'over eating' per se you are just making your defecit smaller, which 150 calories is not much.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too :grumble:

alot of us "Work(out) for Food" :laugh: