Please Help Me To Understand

Options
Hi everyone,

I hope that you will be able to help me. A colleague of mine is also a personal trainer and gave me a food plan to help me lose weight. It's easy enough to follow but when I log in my foods I always get a message saying that I am not eating enough calories. MFP says I should be eating around 1350 cal. to lose weight. I also exercise 6 days a week. Bottom line, what should I do...add more calories or follow the plan?

Thanks for any advice you can give me. BTW, I need to lose about 50lbs.

Replies

• Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Well, thanks for all the help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many calories does the plan add up to?
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Can you give us some more details such as age, current weight, goal weight, height?
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Need more information about you....size, height, weight activity. What does MFP say you should eat?
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It's such a vague question. We know nothing about you.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Also, if you open your diary, that would be helpful too! :smile:
  • omes99
    omes99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be helpful, but I am wondering the same. How can I figure how many calories I should be having with my exercise schedule? Is there a site that help figure that out? Thanks
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's such a vague question. We know nothing about you.

Or the plan (your diary is private) or what workouts and how many calories burned :/
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    If it says you aren't eating enough then you're not eating enough. That message only comes up when you net under 1200 cals and that isn't enough for the majority of people, and definitely not you as you have 50lb to lose.

No idea on stats but a healthy weight loss is 1lb a week. Tell MFP that and it will calculate a healthy amount of calories to aim for. And if you set MFP at sedentary, make sure you log and eat back your exercise calories.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    like everyone has stated, open your food diary and give us more info. Your height, age, sex and weight are needed to calculate your BMR and TDEE.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercising are you doing 6 times a week, that will effect your caloric intake, and like posted above what are your specs... height, weight, age, things like that, all of this factors into your calories, what are your macros set at, did you set to loose to lbs a week, because that really lowers your caloric intake.
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would stick with my 1350 cal diet my be just stay a little under that. I have found by doing this it along with my daily work out's it work's for me. But not every one is the same so what works for me may not work for other's. So try it both way's and if going with the 1350 cal diet works and you are still losing weight then stick with it. If not then go back to what is working for you as long as your not getting sick or staying tired. Remember you don't want your cal's to be to low that to can be very unhealthy for you and can cause problems. Good luck on this!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be helpful, but I am wondering the same. How can I figure how many calories I should be having with my exercise schedule? Is there a site that help figure that out? Thanks

Use MFP!!!! set your calorie goal to lose 1lb per week and eat back exercise calories! simples!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do not eat below 1200 calories.

MFP is set up so that it generally sets your calories low, but without counting exercise. When you exercise you also need to add more calories for fuel. So MFP wants you to eat 1350 PLUS your exercise calories.
  • omes99
    omes99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Use MFP!!!! set your calorie goal to lose 1lb per week and eat back exercise calories! simples!!!

Thank you!! :smile:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks for all the help.

You're welcome! Thanks for all the information.