Any women who are 5'9"-5'10" with success stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I was 253 in December and 202 last Saturday. I'm 5'9."

I posted my story and pictures here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/950363-51-pounds-down-since-december-pics
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and have lost ~25 lbs. I'm on a 1250-1350/day diet.
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm that tall, and hit my goal weight about 3 years ago (highest weight was 233 - dropped 80lbs total). I'm a bit up again, but in the process of working it off. When I was losing the majority of my weight the first time, I avoided counting calories and just focused on when I was hungry. When I did eat, I would eat high protein, lean and healthy fats and as low calorie as possible.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    <<<Very do'able!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at (ugh) 288.6. As of this morning I'm at 243. :) Still have over 70 to go to get to my goal but that's a huge chunk of it gone, thanks to making good choices and the amazing support system I have found here!
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    I'm 5'11" so a little above the hight you were talking about but started out at 240 and currently weigh 174. It took me a while, I'm about 1.5-2 years in now and want to lose another 24 lbs or so but I know it is doable for the first time in my life. Just stick with it and you'll get there!
  • tbetz1
    tbetz1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Here is a current before and during pic
    But Im 5'9", started around 234ish and now am 187, not sure where I will end up but my weight is still going down.
    It has taken me 8months so far but worth everyday. I eat 1900-2200 calories a day, lift weights and run.
  • mandilwebb
    mandilwebb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" / 34 years old... Back in 2000 I hit my highest weight ever- 254 lbs (size 22), and was miserable. I dieted and exercised a little and was down to 175-180 (size 14) by 2006. In 2008 my hubs and I were expecting our baby girl and I gained sooo much while preggers. After she was born I don't know what I weighed but I was in a snug size 18. I dieted and got back to the 180's (size 14) but I still wasn't happy. Last year I found MFP , started eating loads healthier and working out regularly. I'm still a work in progress- trying to tighten up the remaining jiggly bits- but I'm down to 163-165 (very loose size 12). I'm in better shape now than I was in high school (why didn't I do this sooner ~face palm~). It's amazing to feel hard muscle where it used to just be flab and I love being able to do anything and keep up with my four year old :) You can reach your goals- I promise!
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 9 and i have just started insanity. In Jan I was 229 now im 196.5 :) Hoping to lose quite a few lbs with Insanity!!

Edit: Ive increased my cals to 1560.. As its such an intense workout for me. And my lowest weight was 178 before I got pregnant with my sons 18 months ago
  • neu27
    neu27 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 5'9. I started at 209.8 currently down to 177.8. It's been about 71 days. I'm calorie counting to 1600, and doing insanity. I was running/jogging/walking 2-3 miles 6 days a week with insanity but recently insanity has turned up the heat so I don't know when I'm be on the treadmill again. Cardio and "diet" is the best thing for losing. So I try to keep the cardio up more than anything.

35508527.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • iggylove123
    iggylove123 Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and this morning my scale said 166 :) Since the beginning of November I've been going to my school's rec center at least 4 days a week to do at least 30 minutes of cardio. I LOVE my crosstrainer :) I started out weighing just over 200 and my clothes were too tight. I NEEDED to change so I started dieting and exercising! My mom had to put darts in all of my shorts to make them smaller and I ever ordered two size 10 shorts from American Eagle! :) You can lose the weight!
  • 79kimmy
    79kimmy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have before and after pics in my profile. I started MFP 14 months ago at 230 Ibs, currently 178. My goal weight is 160. I am 6 ft tall.
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"...
    SW: 240ish
    bad.jpg

CW: 203
    41413.jpg

but still working on it!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i am 5"9 and I started at 380 pounds and as of this morning i was 193 pounds. Here are some pics :)

At 380 pounds

1704image2.png

193 pounds (current still want to lose another 35 pounds)

photo_zpsbe1f8328.jpg

I am still a work in progress :)
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am also a work in progress. I am 5'9" (used to be 5'10" but lost an inch after I started running after my last pregnancy).. I went from 264 down to 189 and then got pregnant again. I found myself back at 253 but now I am back down to 220. I don't really have time to work out but I do a lot of milk pumping. Hoping to get back on the band wagon exercising in a few months when my milk production goes down.

It is a slow and steady race.
  • missferoux
    missferoux Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 / 5'9 and did weigh 175lbs. I now weigh 142lbs. Limited calorie intake to 1200 - 1350, ate back half exercise calories, did minimum of 30 mins running or gym 6 days a week. Drank LOTS of water.

However, I did allow myself to live. I don't believe in punishment and had every week:
    1 x takeaway (not monitoring at all) on a friday night
    1 x cooked breakfast out somewhere saturday morning
    1 x Big Sunday dinner

I lost on average 1 - 2 lb per week, although did have a bad stage over christmas, new year time for a month.

I know I don't weigh alot, and never was hugely overweight, but I have tiny bones - my arms and wrists are that small that no adult watch fits me without removing EVERY link!!! Still have my big bum though. Nothings gonna change that. Genetics are a b*tch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!