fat hating... what do you think of these two?

Options

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    One of their personal training sessions would be interesting..... "hey you should feel ashamed of yourself now get those knees up"!!!

I do think there are some people who are overweight and use excuse after excuse as to why they are overweight. I think it's a very small minority of overweight people who have a genuine medical problem.

I'm fat and I know perfectly well why I am fat. I eat too much junk, mostly take away food and chocolate. And until recently I didn't get enough exercise. I only have myself to blame, but I know people who are quick to blame others and refuse to take responsibility for the extra weight.

I *hope* this is what this couple meant. I don't think the way they put it would encourage anyone to want to lose weight and train with them.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

This^^^ We all have a reason to hate everyone if we just look deep enough:)

I'd like to add that it's somewhat true that some overweight people don't really try to improve their weight situation. At least not the hard way. I had a cousin who wanted to get surgery and the doctor told her she wasn't big enough to get it so she went home and ate like a pig for the next 6 months so she could be big enough to get it! Who the hell does that? This was quite a few years ago, before they started making people try to lose some weight first.

My mom did the same thing. The reason I'm on here trying to do it the right way is because I swore that WOULD NOT be me!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    878307-sharniandjulius.jpg

Don't care about their views that much but they do just look really irritating.

10/10 on the punchable-face-o-meter.

Definitely!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    There will always be haters out there. I used to let them bother me that's why i have failed this journey many times because as soon as i got knocked i picked up a bag of dorito's of a bar of chocolate. I didn't want to be the fat girls running that people laughed at so i locked myself away and got even bigger. I made the "i am on a diet" error as opposed to a lifestyle change, In turn i needed to realise i had to change the way i thought about myself and life also to make it work. So now... If people want to hate on me WHATEVER my size or colour then more fool them for taking time out of their own empty lives to think about or hate on me. Life is too short. Embrace it and go get what u want. Frig the haters :) I didn't even waste my time reading the article. They r not worth my time. Good luck to all reading on your journeys xx
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    They have that no nonsense attitude, that's all. Enough said.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Gotcha!

Well...I don't know that I wholeheartedly agree with the article. However, some of it does ring true. Every action has a reaction. Eating a bunch of junk and gluing your butt to the couch will sometimes make you alot more...giggly.

On the other hand, and I'm not sure about AU...but in US...it's a big problem that no one seems to want to get to the root of.

Instead of educating, lets propose a tax on soda and junk food. Let's regulate what's in our McDonalds happy meals. Let's criticize the fat people but not give them tools. Let's take away recess and study for state proficiency exams. The younger generation is so dumb when it comes to nutrition. I've even come across people my own age (and I'm 26) that don't know how to read a label. I have been with people that complain they are so fat...but have no idea how that entire loaf of italian bread they eat every day is contributing to their weight. It's bread right? It should be healthy...it's a grain. Oh...I ate a salad, that's healthy. Nevermind the triple packs of ranch you just poured on there. There is such a lack of education with nutrition that I've just become quiet about the subject. In a nutshell...I can't criticize fat people when our own system failed to properly educate on the importance of exercise and nutrition.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think that perhaps they need to work on their insides as well as their outsides. Not very pleasant seeming people.

^^ this 100%
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options

I get angry too when skinny's get slandered, but for some odd reason that's more acceptable then if a slender person was to shame a fat person.

It is more acceptable, I get rude comments all the time in public about how I look gross. Okay, there is no need to put me down to make yourself feel better. Sick of it.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    Frankly, I don't see an issue with it.

Fat people hate on skinny people all the time, and no one cries foul. If a skinny person was to hate on a fat person, well then heaven forbid.

Maybe with a midset like that, more people will stop making excuses and actually do what needs to get done.

I'm so confused...So because "SOME" fat people hate on "SOME" skinny people, the article is totally justified?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Anyone who whines and *****es and complains and does nothing to help themselves and yet expects someone else to give them all the answers / support because they feel entitled to it are all in the same category to me.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Yup. :drinker:
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

I'd like to add that it's somewhat true that some overweight people don't really try to improve their weight situation. At least not the hard way. I had a cousin who wanted to get surgery and the doctor told her she wasn't big enough to get it so she went home and ate like a pig for the next 6 months so she could be big enough to get it! Who the hell does that? This was quite a few years ago, before they started making people try to lose some weight first.

My mom did the same thing. The reason I'm on here trying to do it the right way is because I swore that WOULD NOT be me!

Good for you! It's hard but so worth the self respect you gain!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm personally sick of body shaming in general.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    To me it is just another form of bullying by adults. You shouldn't talk down on anyone - fat, skinny, poor, rich etc.. I am taking my journey as a lifestyle change and with that I have realized everyone struggles in some way so I am choosing to be more patient and just worry about me. What if someone can't work out because of a disease (my mom had cancer and gained due to chemo.) or maybe they are really thin because they are hungry but can't afford food. You have to think of all the angles and when people write things like this it just exposes their ignorance.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options

I get angry too when skinny's get slandered, but for some odd reason that's more acceptable then if a slender person was to shame a fat person.

It is more acceptable, I get rude comments all the time in public about how I look gross. Okay, there is no need to put me down to make yourself feel better. Sick of it.

Are you kidding me?! You look fantastic!

I am not a fan of people who literally look like walking skeletons (which you do NOT), that's just a personal preference. But I would never, EVER call someone 'gross' for being smaller than me (if I did holy moly EVERYONE would be gross lol).
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I get angry too when skinny's get slandered, but for some odd reason that's more acceptable then if a slender person was to shame a fat person. You see all the time on this site... Threads supporting the heavy, and making the thin seem like they are oddball sticks who will break if the wind blows the wrong way.

Actually this happens all the time on here. I see both sides getting crapped on equally when I'm out in the real world. No one should be shamed either way. That's not helpful. Fat does not necessarily equal lazy and entitled. There are plenty of lazy and entitled people in this world regardless of their weight, color, shape, height, whatever.

As far as the couple in the article...I think they're silly and this is just to get their faces out there and get noticed. Seems silly..surely their CEO clients can keep their pockets full, no?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    "Hey look at me! Pay attention to me! Give us your money to make you not a fat bludger!"

Obvious publicity stunt is obvious.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Yep, Equal Opportunity Hater here!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Good for you! It's hard but so worth the self respect you gain!

Thank you! It's going well so far, I have to admit. 1/3 of the way down!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Is this news to anyone?

Have you not seen the skinny bashing on MFP?

If there can be skinny bashing on a fitness site... I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised by fat bashing in the world...