Motivational Rewards

Options
Does anyone plan (non-food related) rewards to help motivate yourself to reach your goal?

I'm 6 lbs away from mine and have been stuck here for months. I've been weight training, so am down to 22% BF from 30% in December. I know i can do it esp. with summer right around the corner. Anywho, I've booked myself a tattoo appt. as a reward, so I have 28 days to get this off! I'd love to hear your reward/motivational techniques!

Replies

• mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a 90 min massage appointment coming up from rewarding myself when I hit 300!
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My rewards have been feeling better, looking better, and being taken off statins because I now have normal cholesterol levels. That's motivation enough for me.
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing massages also. Before now I couldn't afford anything other than my gym membership. Now I realize that alone time watching my TV show on netflix is a reward in itself, haha. I'm thinking spa treatments will be good for maintenance since I am almost there!
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    New jeans are always a pretty good reward for me.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    New clothes, a new purse, some nail polish...little things. I like to shop, anyway, so it's pretty easy for me to give myself "rewards" that aren't food. I might throw some calories away on a silly Starbucks frappuccino or something, but mostly it's shopping.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    When I hit ONDERLAND (199) I am giving myself a spa day!! 10 pounds to go as of today! :)
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have 5 rewards picked out for myself. 2 involve shopping, 2 are buying myself some new fitness stuff and one is a trip to the theatre to watch a play with my husband.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    When I hit onederland, I will be headed to the Smoky Mountains to do a day hike; followed by some fun in town.
  • rizztube
    rizztube Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go to the Movies!....
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    For my first mini-goal (reached today!), I've had my eyes on this hot pair of shoes.

Some other rewards I've been thinking about: a new HRM, new jeans, a new dress.

I'm also thinking about getting charms for my Pandora bracelet as constant reminders of what I've achieved and not to go back.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When I have lost another 10 kg, my other half is going to pay for me to get my hair cut. I don't really want it cut, but whatever... pampering is pampering :D
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Buying clothes in smaller sizes is the one.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have goals set for when I hit certain weights:
    250 was a trip to the salon and a mani/pedi
    225 is getting mani/pedis with my daughters
    200 is a shopping spree
    and 175 (which is currently my goal weight) is a mini-weekend vacation with the family!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yep!

My first 10 pounds lost, I got my grown-out gray, ugly hair in for a color and a cut! It was so nice.
    I hit a plateau so when I finally lost another 5, I got a pedicure.

I'm shooting for mini rewards every 10 pounds...but the last plateau sucked.

It's a nice pat on the back sometimes. ...Knowing that you're going to do something for you...just you!
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I lose 5, a tan and a Polar HRM.
    When I lose 10, a nice haircut and a new pair of running shoes.
    When I lose 15, a trip to REI for gear and a weekend hiking excursion at a national park.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    well, i like looking in the mirror each morning and seeing my tummy shrinking...that is motivation enough!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I prefer to reward myself for the habits that will get me to my goals rather than the goal itself. Especially since I don't have a lot more to lose and want to set myself up for maintaining.

I decided to put aside a dollar each day that I work out or stay under my calories (so up to $2/day). Then I'll probably go get a tattoo when I have enough. Or maybe clothes or a gadget, or whatever, pick your poison.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas I have for you:

1. Schedule a spa day for yourself.
    2. Plan a nice trip.
    3. Shop for new clothes.
    4. Schedule a professional photographer to take pics of you.
    5. Buy a nice pair of jewlery for yourself.
    Congrats on the weight loss!
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    When I am half way to my goal and back under 10stone I plan to go try my first wedding dresses on! WOOP WOOP! Very excited....

Other motivational rewards along the way will be getting back into old clothes going to waste in my wardrobe!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    For every lb I lose = $10 towards a new wardrobe - $170 to date
    Every week I go to the gym 5x/wk = $5 to spend on gym/workout gear - $5 to date (just started this last week)

And I pamper myself with goat's milk bath soap - love the stuff after a good, hard workout.