Subway!

Options

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    subway is gross... any place that calls a hoagie a sub is off my radar in the first place and then everything in the place is processed so how can their slogan be "eat fresh"
  • vixen0babs
    vixen0babs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do the chopped salad...chicken, bacon, shredded cheese, 2/3 spinach and 1/3 lettuce (to add some crunch), lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, black olives and banana peppers, italian seasoning (or oregano), black pepper, olive oil and red wine vinegar. A scrumptious salad for only 300 or so calories.

But if I feel like doing a sandwich..toasted 9-grain, ham-turkey-bacon (the melt), pepperjack, spinach with a little lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onions, green peppers, jalepenos, and just a little bit of the chipotle southwest dressing.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken, and I love the flatbread!
  • lovehan
    lovehan Posts: 19
    Options
    Veggie Delight (or sometimes turkey)
    Wholemeal Bread (or sometimes wrap)
    Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce, Carrot, Onion, Capsicum, Olives, Pickles
    No Cheese
    AVOCADO (instead of sauce.. honey mustard)

Reading all the different types of bread/cheeses available at American Subways is interesting! We're pretty boring over here...
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    6 inch veggie on flat bread, no cheese, with banana peppers, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pepper, and vinegar.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...favorite? Tough decision....I really enjoy the italian bmt... no sauce or anything just banana peppers, tomato, lettuce sometimes pickles and I put on my own hot sauce when I get home.
  • candiceg1992
    candiceg1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get everything on a wrap now if Im eating subway cuts the calories and carbs down from the normal bread, cause im on a low carb diet, and part with the cheese. If you need some sauce ask for just a small amount. Im a big fan of the tuna with loads of vege :)
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    Options
    veggie patty..hearty italian bread....olive, gherkins, sweetcorn, onion and sweet onion sauce...yummmm
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    Options
    and that funny speckley cheese!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    veggie patty..hearty italian bread....olive, gherkins, sweetcorn, onion and sweet onion sauce...yummmm

Where are you from? My subway doesn't have corn, gerkins, or veggie patties...no fair.

I only eat Subway when I have a shift at the hospital, because it's in the cafeteria, so my choices are subway or hospital cafeteria food. I always get the same things-6 in ham and swiss with lto, cukes and honey mustard.

They sell dried fruit chips-apples, bananas or strawberries. Yum.
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Turkey on white bread with lettuce, cucumber, red onion, jalapenos and chilli sauce. Yummy.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Alright people, what's your favorite subway sub? I'm going for dinner tonight. Packed a lunch but forgot I had class after work and won't have time to go home and eat.

Share please!

A good low calorie sub option: Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on Wheat with loads of veggies!
    '

I LOVE the sweet onion chicken teriyaki! I just get it all the time so I was looking to mix things up. :3
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I usually only get there breakfast sandwich every now and then. I like the flatbread, steak, egg and pepperjack. I throw some tomatoes, spinach, jalepenos and pepper on there and call it a day.

To the food police: The OP isn't asking how healthy subway is. Get off your soapbox already.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I usually only get there breakfast sandwich every now and then. I like the flatbread, steak, egg and pepperjack. I throw some tomatoes, spinach, jalepenos and pepper on there and call it a day.

To the food police: The OP isn't asking how healthy subway is. Get off your soapbox already.

Teehee :D Sort of what I was thinking but wasn't going to go there. ;)
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Footlong Oven Roasted chicken breast on nine grain wheat with everything but hots. Honey mustard dressing added.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i eat there almost daily, so i have a few.

(all 6")

roast beef flatbread w/ honey mustard / veggies
    blt flatbread / honey mustard / veggies
    club on wheat w/ light mayo (i add my own usually. less cals.)

additionally, when you want to do light mayo, ask for packets. 35 cals instead of 50.

i also enjoy some of the higher cal six inches, but i'm not trying to lose weight, so there's no point listing them. you can go that route if you skip the chips or get baked lays, though. i try to keep my Subway dinners between 600 and 650 cals on my maintenance diet. you can get a surprising amount of food for that total.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    12inch chicken mayo...

I love having a 12 incher.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i will also add that my favorite was the oven crisp chicken. why they got rid of that, i have no idea. it was completely awesome.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ive eaten at subway twice in a year and a half, both times the roast beef was green (i didn't eat that) and the food made me sick. Both times were because we were starving and it was the first place to eat we saw in a while. (and ithe first time it was subway or starve!) I got the turkey the first time and the veggie the second. go figure. 2 different subways