big guys

Options
13»

Replies

• Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Fat, but not tall. I peaked at 275lbs at 5'7" in July of 2012. Down to 240lbs now doing C25K and SL5x5. I started with just walking 30 minutes a day before breaking into C25K, and I completed my first 5k last Saturday (4/6/13) at 45:10. If you decide to go the jogging route make sure you get fitted for proper running shoes...they make a huge difference.

My current routine is SL5x5 (modified because of back issues right now) Mon, Wed, and Fri then jogging Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Sunday is my rest day.

The big things that have helped me are quitting soda, not binge drinking 3-5 times a week, and portion control.
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    Started on 7 January at 6'1" and 301 pounds. Seeing the scale at over 300 was a real eye opener. 3 months later I have dropped over 50 pounds. I have a goal of 220 for now. I just turned 50 and I am pretty set in my ways so I did not try fad diets or major lifestyle changes. I cut out soda, then cut back diet soda and I ensure that I drink enough water for my weight. (125 oz or 16 cups) My biggest key was portion control. I eat the same things because I am set in my ways and like the food I eat. I just cut back from over 4000 calories a day to 1750 (now 1550). I also added the gym back into my life. I got out of the Air Force 9 years ago and completely stopped working out. It caught up with me. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hours each time. When I hit 250 I started to incorporate more weight work into my workout. Before it was just cardio. I stuck with elliptical trainer as I knew the treadmill would destroy my knees. Now I am on week 3 of C25K and plan on running a 5K on Memorial Day weekend.

Bottom line for me:
    PORTION CONTROL
    WORKOUT
    WATER
    CUT OUT SUGAR DRINKS

The rewards you get from this are so worth it.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am like 6'3" At my largest I was about 390. I am down under 330 now and training for a 5k. I am up to "running" 23 minutes. I just cut back on my eating and started walking for like 30 minutes during lunch at work. I need to start hitting the weights, but am not really motivated for that. I hope after the 5k.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    my goal is your brother too ;)
    pahahahahha

Haha!

Get in line, sister...he's pretty popular. Doesn't help when local billboards, buses, etc. have your picture plastered all over them. :)

But see...that's the beauty of my plan. When I look like him again, I'll be able to help ease his burden! :) haha!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    This is my before and after picture.
    3years.jpg

My dude! You are awesome! Great work, and congratulations!

(Looks like another person to put up on my "goal wall") :)
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So, has anyone created the Big&Tall group yet? I started this business in Feb of 2013, at 356, my heaviest was easily 375-380. I'm 6'2", and as of March, I just turned 36. I eat 1200-1300 calories a day and workout 5-6 times a week now. I lift 3 or 4 days depending on DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and cardio every day. I agree with all the people who have said to get on the lifting train and get on it NOW.

I have dropped over 30lbs. Anyone can add me, I'm always up for extra motivation.

ETA I created the group for us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13500-big-tall

JOIN UP, BIG GUYS!
  • megamac33
    megamac33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cool, joined the big and tall group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13500-big-tall
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Dang lots of motivation in here, and I like seeing how other big guys are losing weight. I'm 5' 11" 401lbs, started at 445lbs 9 months ago. Having trouble dropping the weight, and not sure why cause I've been in deficit the whole time. I workout with a personal trainer 3x a week, now 4x. Do 30 minutes of Cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting each session. I was eating at about 2300-2400 calories, since dropped to 1800-2000 the last few weeks to see if it makes a difference. I'm lucky to lose 1lb a week over 9months. Seeing the doctor today for blood results to see if I got something (else) medical going on that's slowing my weight loss.

But I have lost 90 inches, and I'm getting so much stronger!

My Story and Progress w/pic can be read here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Arkhos/view/my-story-and-progress-so-far-516867

My MACROS over the last 9 months are summarized here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Arkhos/view/my-macros-over-9-months-what-do-you-see-516993