100 Days to Different! Please support me!

Options
Hi,

I've got 102 days till I go off on a mid life crisis adventure that's going to take me so far out of my comfort zone it's unreal!

I'm 45 (next week!) and for the first time ever I've booked a "holiday" on my own. We've done years of family road trips; me, husband and 3 teenagers, but this year we're all doing separate things. I decided it was time to challenge myself, so I'm off to Nepal for 3 weeks to teach English to Buddhist monks. I'll be living in a monastery and eating "their" food; which probably be lentil dahl and rice twice a day.

I'm hoping to get a lot out of this experience, as well as hopefully give a lot back. I badly need an injection of self esteem and confidence. I've lost over 40 odd pounds twice before, but never managed to keep it off. I find myself veering from being very "good" to very "bad" with my diet. I go from going to the gym everyday to not going for weeks. I need to get some sort of control.

So, I'm going to hold myself accountable on here. I promise to log in every day, on this thread, and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I am going to make better food choices and be more active.

I would like to lose 35 pounds in 100 days.

Will you help me by supporting and encouraging me? Please?

Lucy x

Replies

• nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. Counting my calories daily helps me, even on cheat days so I hyave an idea of what I eat. I love seeing what I'll weight in 5 weeks if I keep doing what I'm doing. Best of luck to you. :)
  • Utahgirl12
    Utahgirl12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You are doing sooo well. I've just got to keep plodding away at it and not expect miracle overnight lol.
  • trichards170
    trichards170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What an amazing experience you are in for. I too have found myself going to "straight A" dieter to junk food junky... feel free to add me.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thats awesome how do you book a "holiday" like that
  • Utahgirl12
    Options
    Thanks for the support girls. I had a vague idea what I wanted to do. I've always been intrigued by Tibet and Nepal, and then just googled volunteering with those places till I found what I wanted. It's going to be such a culture shock for me. Hopefully I'll come back with a new perspective on what is really important. I've got a new rucksack to go......so now I have to start thinking what do I really NEED to put in it for 3 weeks.......
  • peachesevie
    Options
    Lucy, your adventure sounds amazing and I'm sure you will have an amazing time. If you put your mind to it you can lose all the weight once and for all! We are definitely here for support.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an amazing adventure planned! I'd be happy to support you. I'll send a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing adventure you are taking! I can almost guaranty that you will come back with a whole new perspective on life. You have my deepest respect and support. You are here and you are going to do great!!
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and inspiring. Add me if you like, I'd love to motivate you, as you will undoubtably be inspiring me! :)
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    What an exciting new job. You can do it. I believe in you.
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll help you. I'm new to this too so we can support each other.:happy:
  • jball1954
    jball1954 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It's been tough for me but it's been about 105 days and I've lost about 30 lbs. The first four weeks were easier for some reason. The last few I've been struggling to stay on track. I still count EVERYTHING. I like that I can scan the bar code with the app on my iPhone and also can find just about anything I eat. But I've slacked off a bit the past few weeks. Just be persistent and track everything. I've not really started doing exercise but sticking to your calorie count can work--and Myfitnesspal makes that pretty easy. Good luck. Stick with it!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely incredible! How exciting!
    I'd love to support you on your journey!
    I'm trying really hard to lose about 15lbs before I go back to school (In May)

I'm also from Utah, so...yes. We should be friends :D
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    so inspiring! friend request sent!
  • racingnana5
    racingnana5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lucy, You are the inspiration. I just found this website (again) I registered along time ago but lost track of it as life got busy. Glad to be back and inspired by people like you. So I hope to encourage you as well as receive inspiration from you to continue on this journey toward better health. Looking forward to hearing from you please feel free to add me.
  • Utahgirl12
    Options
    Thank you all....it means a lot to have so much support!

Just wanted to say......drumroll please...

I went to the beach (its windy and rainy!) and I just RAN for the first time since October!!

Not far, not for long and not fast, but hey, it's a start!

I downloaded the Zombies5k app and i think I like it!

I just came home and made my dinner; raw courgette spaghetti ribbons with home made pesto (pine nuts, basil & olive oil in the vitamix)

Yay me!

Lucy
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    What an amazing adventure! I'd love to follow your 105 days and then hear about the trip when you're back!

GREAT job on the run.

:)
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would gladly help support you , as long as you help me too!!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in a 100 days seems reasonable.
    I'll be 210 by July 12. LET'S DO IT!
  • janfish2
    janfish2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    truly an amazing journey...-don't overstress the scale - what matters is all the other courage stressing changes - the weight loss will come as you move forward. The other victories are huge.

congrats on the run.congrats on all steps forward!