Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I think there is a lot of this type stuff about all "artificial sweetners"
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah. The point is... if it's fake, it's probably not safe to put in your body in excess.
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to one diet soda a week, and it's always a large diet sprite with limes, cherries, and strawberries from Sonic! haha
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've cut artificial sweeteners from my diet! They just aren't worth the risk. I'd rather need to do a few extra exercises than take a chance on the artificial sweeteners.

Of course I had to learn the hard way. I actually had a reaction to them that affected my vision, my hearing and caused headaches. The worst thing was I went through 6 weeks of withdrawal when I quit using the Artificial stuff. If that isn't scary I don't know what is. Anything that takes 6 weeks for your body to adjust to can't be safe!!!

Thanks for sharing the article!!!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Aspartame gives me a screaming headache. :sick: Bad stuff!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I for one AVOID aspertame and other artificial substitutes. Your body doesn't need them, so why take the chance that they are actually doing harm? There are poweful food lobbies that debunk any claims that HFCS or Aspertame, etc. are harmful, but we just have to look around at the obesity and ill health around us and have to come to the conclusion that processed food and artifical additives are not part of the road to health and beauty.
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Fake sugar doesn't even taste like food to me... is there something my body knows that the doctors are trying not to figure out?