Short Girl with a Tall Obstacle

Options
I've used the myfitnesspal app off and on for over a year, but really started using the app almost daily without quitting since the first week of this year. I have always been on the chubby side, but usually was on the "pleasantly plump" end of the spectrum. I wasn't motivated to lose weight at all. But, then my mom had 3 heart attacks within 9 months of each other. She had always been really skinny, so I'd always thought she was healthy. Wrong. She ate like a suicidal lumberjack, but had a high heart rate so her calories burned right off. I ate very similarly and got all the way up to 226 lbs by the time she had her third heart attack. Turns out that I have the same heart rate issue, but I'm still able to pack on the pounds. I'm 5'0".......I can't be 226 lbs. That looks like what 300 lbs would look like on most women. I could barely get around at all and I was MISERABLE. So, I cut out all drinks but water and almond milk. I don't have any caffeinated drinks anymore (bad for my heart rate) and I even became a Vegetarian (not a lecture...it just worked for my body to replace meat with vegetables ---not carbs). Yesterday, I weighed myself and was down to 199 lbs. This was great news to me! 27 lbs in 13 weeks. But, I still have 74 lbs before I'm at a healthy BMI. My friend Penny427 is someone I've known for a long time and I noticed how much she was enjoying using the community here, and I realized how much I wanted that. So, here I am!

Replies

• Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm new here too. 27 lbs is incredible. Congratulations! You can be a healthier you. I believe in you.
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a short girl, too, (5'2) and it is amazing how the pounds look different on us! I'm here for support if you want to add me. My diary is open; I'm not vegetarian, but I prefer it for taste versus ideological reasons. I log in every day and I'm in it for the long haul. I will notice when you do well and encourage you get back on the horse when you fall off! Great job recognizing you can use this community as a resource. :) Good luck!
  • roaringtulips
    roaringtulips Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the support!
  • firewalkerbarb
    firewalkerbarb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm short as well. 4-10 on a good day. I weigh 152, way too much for my height. I was working with a life coach earlier in the year and lost 11 pounds but said to say I let myself gain it all back. My bad habits include too much coffee with sweetened creamer and other sweets. I have joined the challenge which starts this weekend to lose 30 pounds.
    Good luck to you in your quest for good health.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Rachael. I'm 5'2" and currently weight 170. I'm shooting for weighing around 125, but it all depends on how healthy I am at that weight. Maybe 130 is good for me with all the working out I'm trying to do, who knows!?

It is crazy how much every little pound really changes how us short girls look, especially if you are curvy, like me. I balloon out on my butt and hips and arms! I hate it.

I'd love to support each other on our quest! Sending you a friend request. Short girls rock! :D I've also joined some groups lately. A great one is doing a squats challenge, starting this Saturday, April 13th. I'll paste the link below. I'm looking forward to starting it! I also started doing the 30 Day Shred that everybody on MFP seems to love. The DVD is on sale at Target right now for 7 bucks and you can get 3 pound weights for around 10!

Congrats on your weight loss already and I look forward to see your continued progress!

Rach
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Forget to add the group! Starts out at 50 squats a day and goes up to 250!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13446-the-30-day-squat-challenge
  • SusanRathburn
    SusanRathburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Susan and I joined yesterday. I'm 5 feet tall and weigh 201 today. We do tend to look a bit rounder than taller women, I agree. But you can lose the weight! I don't think I will ever weigh the 93 lbs the charts say I should weigh.I'm going for a more realistic 150. Then we'll see.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do to the tall obstacle once you get to the top of it?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

I know what I would do :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I had a tall obstacle once. I kept climbing it, and climbing it..
    Then I got bored and kicked him to the curb.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I had a tall obstacle once. I kept climbing it, and climbing it..
    Then I got bored and kicked him to the curb.

Well . . . . I never heard any complaints.

Until now.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I know what I would do :flowerforyou:

OH HAI

:wink:
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!! I sounds like you are on your way to a much healthier you! Keep up the hard work!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work!

*giggle*
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work!

*giggle*
    Oh I see it now! My bad!
    *giggle*
  • roaringtulips
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! Is there a timeline?
  • roaringtulips
    Options
    I'd love to support each other on our quest! Sending you a friend request. Short girls rock!
    Rach
    Short girls do rock!
  • roaringtulips
    Options

I haven't thought that much about it. Probably whisk my husband away for a romantic vacation.
  • cupcakes1107
    cupcakes1107 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success I am using you as motivation!!!!!!!!! I am 5'3 and 250.
  • TinyTog
    TinyTog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. And im glad im not the only short person on here.