Can i get THIS body bikini ready in 6 weeks? *INCLUDES PICS*

Options
Hi all

Im off on holiday in 6 weeks and i really want to get into a bikini. Im looking to lose another 8lbs so im at my "ideal weight" for my height and gender. However my stomach is still rather large which is where im hoping you guys can help.

I was thinking of starting 30DS along with the 30 day squat and ab challenge to get my body in shape for this time

Do you think i can honestly do it? Is there anything else i can be doing to shape it up?

Thankyou :)

e87loy.png

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    even right now you look better than at least half the people at the pool/beach so yes!
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Might try carb cycling and HIT training. Always seems to work for me. Only carb cycle for 2-3 weeks at a time. :wink:
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    thankyou :)
    can you give me an example of HIT training? :)
  • andiecheyenne
    andiecheyenne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thankyou :)
    can you give me an example of HIT training? :)

Bump, I'd like to know, too. BTW, I think you look good as is.. and that suit is cute!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend 30DS - I've done it and lost an inch off my waist and 4lbs already and I'm not finished (22 days in!) so I would definitely do it! I'm doing Ripped in 30 afterwards too - my holiday is in 5 weeks (albeit, just a weekend away to Centre Parcs) and I'm hoping to lose 7lbs (though to be honest, that wouldn't put me anywhere near "ideal") so you can add me if you like and motivate each other!
  • jcartwright2008
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-ripped-dude-whats-the-best-form-of-hiit.html

this is a pretty good example, on the program I'm doing right now, I sprint for 30 sec then walk for 30 sec for 30 minutes
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone!
    It's so annoying that I'm nearly at my ideal weight but still 'fat' but I'm guessing that's where the intense exercise comes in lol
    Any other tips?
  • jcartwright2008
    Options
    This is my current program, second time around, have 2 1/2 weeks left, love it

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

This is my next program, will be my first time

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/intro

:smile:
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the 30 day shred. I've seen plenty of result pics sin the threads with wonderful results in 30 days.
    I'm doing it now every other day between my kettlebells and getting great results. My previously tight pants I had to belt today!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Start doing P90X or Insanity or 30 Day Shred RIGHT now. Stop eating carbs. Eat a lot of lean protein, veggies, and fruit. Do your workout in the AM and do another 3 mile jog in the evening. Follow each workout with a protein shake which is low in carbs and sugar and calories.

6 weeks isn't that long, you can certainly lose some weight, but don't expect "biggest loser" type results after 5 days. Those people are woking out 6-8 hours a day and have coaches, trainers, and dietitians helping them.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone!
    I've cut carbs to a minimum and having loads of lean protein and ATLEAST 7 portions of fruit and veg a day along with 2-3 litres of water
    X
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost a good 3.5" off of my waist the first time I did 30 day shred so I would highly recommend it as a quick transforming workout. Plus side - it is only $10 and you can pick it up at any Target/Walmart/whatever. Just pick a up a couple of 3 and 5 lb weights and you will be set.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can also find 30DS on Youtube. I bought it before I found this out... but it's nice if there's ever a time I don't have internet connection
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    fab thankyou everyone :)
    now bring on that summer body so i actually buy this lol x
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i would look into a lifting program to help preserve your lean body mass while dieting. The problem with strict dieting and not exercising (especially not lifting weights) is you end up losing a lot of your LBM, so while the scale goes down, your bf% might not be going down as much as you think it is. New Rules of Lifting for Women is a great place to start i've heard. I'm personally doing Stronglifts 5x5.
  • Heyb99
    Heyb99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. Which 30 day shred is it? Good luck! Hope you reach your goal?
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Start doing P90X or Insanity or 30 Day Shred RIGHT now. Stop eating carbs. Eat a lot of lean protein, veggies, and fruit. Do your workout in the AM and do another 3 mile jog in the evening. Follow each workout with a protein shake which is low in carbs and sugar and calories.

6 weeks isn't that long, you can certainly lose some weight, but don't expect "biggest loser" type results after 5 days. Those people are woking out 6-8 hours a day and have coaches, trainers, and dietitians helping them.

This. A million times this. Editing to add that I recommend P90x and Insanity over 30 Day Shred, because they are way harder. 30DS is like petting puppies and kittens compared to the other two...
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    you can also youtube hiit workouts like hiit popilates and others They are free and kick *kitten*
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    While starting one of the above routines is a great idea, I think you might be setting yourself up for failure or at least disappointment if you don't get the results you want that quickly. Not to mention the extra stress you're putting on yourself.

My suggestion is to find a suit that fits as is now....keep the bikini but maybe also a one piece