Getting going and need some Friends :(

Options
Hi
I'm Stephanie and i have been idoing this for a few weeks and now i dont have and support and I really want to quit. My husband trys to help me but he is not dieting so he doesn't understand how hard it is. So if any body wants to help me out I will love ya...

Replies

• jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Always happy to help :) WIll add you now x
  • simplyediblett
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. Will add you as well :)
  • sam18u
    sam18u Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi,

Starting is a difficult bit but you can slowly take up the activity which you like and then extend it will definitely make you happy and rather than checking on a daily basis check up once a week and see how you are progressing.. Initially i started off with walking for half and hour and then slowly and gradually stretched it to one hour. Now walking one hour and covering 8 km is a goal which I look forward to.

Even swimming if you are too heavy my advice would be go in for swimming, with no jerks and completely at ease with yourself.will enjoy it, and see the weight melt away..
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Don't label yourself as a quitter, you can do this!! Look at how many people are on this site! We all have the same goals, to be healthy and even more beautiful than we already are!! Sending a FR now!
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi,

When your significant other, in my case my boyfriend, isn't on the same track as you its hard, BUT not impossible. My boyfriend is one of those people who can still eat whatever he wants and then go for a run and burn it all off. I on the other hand have to work my butt off and count calories to stay fit. I feel your pain.

Feel free to add me. We can help motivate each other!
  • kayork
    kayork Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been on this journey for a while now but have hit a plateu the last couple of months. I am always looking for friends for support and motivation and to help others. Please feel free to add me.
  • mstrickland9
    Options
    Hey I am just getting started as of today! I feel sort of defeated already because my goal is to lost 51 pounds but I guess I will just take each day one at a time and eventually I will arrive! Would love to be your friend!:smile:
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.Anyone can.:smile:
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on week 9 so just starting really too, add me if you like :-)
  • KiminNorCal
    KiminNorCal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same here. Great job!!!!!! :happy:
  • KiminNorCal
    KiminNorCal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started with 90# and I have lost 75. You can do it!!!!! =D
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started my journey to a healthier lifestyle in January (started well before then but wasn't as committed). I started small by just walking on the treadmill 30 mins a day. I've since graduated to running on the treadmill. Two weeks ago, I decided to switch it up and go for the elliptical, which I dreaded as I would get tired after 5 minutes. As of today, I can do a full 30-45 mins (interval alternating the resistance/incline). I'm saying all this to tell you, take one day at a time and don't over do it. I've never been a gym junkie but I get pumped up just thinking about how far I've come and how much healthier I feel.

I've lost 16lbs and have about 34 more to go!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • keepsakesbyconny
    keepsakesbyconny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new friends on this journey!! Follow my blog if you like. I have lots of pics of my meals also....
    http://www.fatmetofabme.blogspot.com/

Good Luck!! You can do this!!