Wedding Dress won't zip it up, Motivators add me up

Options
13»

Replies

• Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain. I have been up and down the scale a number of times. I have been close to your size and the good news it when you have more to lose its easier than it is to lose than say the last 20 lbs. you also have six months to go. This is definitely doable. You may even be paying the seamstress to take it in at the end. I'm a very visual person and a wedding dress is a big expense. If it were me I would take a pic of me wearing the dress now and put it somewhere I can see it whoever I'm tempted to stray. Logging your food makes you aware of what you're doing so that's a good start. You can do this.
  • Thumpbutt
    Thumpbutt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting married May 4th and the dress I bought fit when i bought it. After a couple months of being laid off I tried it on and found that I also could not zip it no get my arms into it. I am now down 22 pounds since 01/15/2013. I actually am having the corset put into the back just incase I cannot get those extra pounds off by then.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My guess, to all the angry people here wondering why so small, is that the brides-to-be have gained weight since ordering the dress. A lot can happen in a year or several months of planning a wedding.

I had a friend who ordered the perfect fitting dress and could not wear it day of becuase she packed on some wedding weight. They were getting married at her parents house so she wore something else and the groom and his men wore tuxedo tshirts. :laugh:
  • rustyroof
    rustyroof Posts: 76
    Options
    Buying clothes too small, thinking you'll lose weight is always a mistake. But you do have 6 months, so you can do this. Good luck!

Personally I see it as a goal to hit rather than a mistake
  • russianbabe83
    russianbabe83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i lost 20lbs for my wedding (scales hit exactly 20lbs loss the day of ) just by doing morning cardio on empty stomach and strict on my nutrition. Early cardio makes huge difference, that's what bodybuilders do when we get ready for the shows. but you have to make sure you get up early so you don't skip your meals
  • rustyroof
    rustyroof Posts: 76
    Options
    Well after reading some of these posts I can see why people fail on here. What's with the negitivity ?

Point 1: I asked for motivators, clearly some of you need to look up this word
    Point 2: I am not wanting to loose for my wedding, I have been clean eating for a while and doing more excercise, I want to be healthy in my old age not just for 1 day
    Point 3: I brought 1 size to small as i have droped 2 in the last 3 months
    Point 4: I did'nt spend $5000 on a dress, I'd rather use that when I am in Vegas for my Honeymoon, seeing the sights and shooting some guns

Stop being so judgemental in order that you feel good about your own failings, I did'nt ask for a debate on the subject.

Some people need to get real
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    im getting married next year in august... is this a normal practise then to order one thats a size smaller?! i havent even started looking at gowns yet.

NO, and wedding dresses are famous for running small anyway. Usually you have to go up a size or two. How's that for a self-esteem boost?!

Agreed!! My wedding dress was no where what I would wear in normal clothes sizes or dress sizes.... so def go try stuff on and see what size you'd be first! Alterations can quickly add up!

It must depend on the maker of the dress also because mine was exactly the size of my normal clothing. I did not have to order mine, got one off the rack at David's Bridal. Had to have alterations but mainly just in length since I'm a shorty.
    Good Luck and enjoy the journey!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Your wedding and your dress will be great motivation, and you can totally do it! But why wait until tomorrow to start?! Start right this minute by making good choices for dinner and getting some exercise in before bed! Go for a walk or look up a workout on youtube and do it tonight! I just think it's a really bad idea to say, "I'll start tomorrow", because what will stop you from saying it again tomorrow and the next day? Start right now! Commit to this and never let your excuses become more important than your goals.
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    im getting married next year in august... is this a normal practise then to order one thats a size smaller?! i havent even started looking at gowns yet.

Back when I got married I bought my dress a size larger than what fit me because they wanted to tailor it. They don't like to have to let out seams to squeeze you in.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

NO, and wedding dresses are famous for running small anyway. Usually you have to go up a size or two. How's that for a self-esteem boost?!

Agreed!! My wedding dress was no where what I would wear in normal clothes sizes or dress sizes.... so def go try stuff on and see what size you'd be first! Alterations can quickly add up!

It must depend on the maker of the dress also because mine was exactly the size of my normal clothing. I did not have to order mine, got one off the rack at David's Bridal. Had to have alterations but mainly just in length since I'm a shorty.

david's bridal is american. it's also a warehouse/bulk type place and not couture.
    it's been vanity sized.
    designer gowns are smaller.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

david's bridal is american. it's also a warehouse/bulk type place and not couture.
    it's been vanity sized.

they sell vera wang, which is "couture", just so you know!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

it's been vanity sized.

they sell vera wang, which is "couture", just so you know!

yes, and it will be smaller.