30 LB to lose by June/July, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• kayde31
    kayde31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to do this with you. Who wants to be the fat girl for the summer?!
  • alyssatinling
    Options
    Add me hun! I would love some support too. <3 Brand new mom trying to drop the pregnancy weight.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    I am being serious to lose 32 more pounds by August 3rd my birthday... feel free to add me :)
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have just about 30 lbs to lose to my happy weight, and I'd like to be at least 25 lbs of the way there by my birthday. (if I get 26 off from now, I plan to get myself a tattoo!)

I'm losing more a few lbs per week still, but I can't see losing that much by then... I'm more of a slow and steady person. 15-20 would make me happy. I haven't introduced and serious exercise except yoga so far
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose 30 by july! My goal right now is 40 for october (my birthday) so I think I can do 30 for july. :D
  • masimonsc
    masimonsc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Guilty. Feel free to add me!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    ME! I would love to lose my 30lbs by July and already have that as my goal, and I am a vegetarian riding the fence on vegan! Maybe you could share your diary so I can get menu ideas.
  • mjkingsbury
    mjkingsbury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been struggling to really make any sort of dent in my weight loss- I can't seem to get it together, even though I think I'm doing great- the scale isn't so agreeable and it's frustrating! I feel like I've been trying to loose weight most of my life and I am so ready to find out what it feels like to be happy in my skin! Maybe a challenge as such is just what I need! Let's do it! And anyone wanting to add me... please do so! Thanks for starting this and Good luck to everyone! :)
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to be down that much by June/July. Feel free to add me
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    You should start a group so we can all check in on a board. I belong to another group and the support is awesome! We brag, tag and spur each other on.
  • dawnieowen
    Options
    definitely ... I'm in.. been making excuses for far too long!! Using MFP and 30 day shred to get there!! Good luck to us all :) x
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just be careful :)
    It sounds like you may have done this after your baby was born. With breast feeding and all the new baby activities, it makes perfect sense that you dropped the weight :D

I'm not sure if you lifted weights and did cardio the last time you did this. So, I just wanted to say to be careful. Muscles and the body love food fuel when muscle building and losing weight. If after 2-3 weeks you notice your weight isn't dropping, it's your body way of wanting to hold on to your fat stores because it's thinking you are starving (aka...starvation mode.) If this happens, up your calories to 2000 to get your body working again and to increase your metabolism. Also, know that your body will lose 2 lbs a week at max. Of course, the first week or 2 you may see a big drop from water weightloss and fat loss. But, the body loses 2 pounds a week.
    (By the way, my calorie intake was 1400, then 1500, then 1600, now it's 1700. I'm working on eating to my TDEE, which is 1950 calories. I workout 5 days a week and burn 530 calories on average. I am losing 2lbs a week.)
    If you want to see my foods, I take pics and instagram everything I eat: http://instagram.com/mila_fit78#

I posted this before some time ago. But, if you want to know how many pounds you'll lose in a certain amount of time. This will help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/807681-how-to-lose-10-20-30-pounds-in-so-many-months
    If you ever wanted to lose 10 pounds in 30 days, or 15 pounds in 50 days or whatever, here's the math :) I hope this helps those who have a problem understanding and just need the nitty gritty broken down:

The facts:
    3,500 calories equals 1 pound.

The math:
    Let's say you want to lose 10 pounds in 30 days.
    If 3,500 calories equals 1 pound and you need to lose 10 pounds you multiply 3,500 by 10. (3,500 x 10 = 35,000)
    • You need to burn 35,000 calories in 30 days. How much is that a day? (35,000 ÷ 30 = 1,166)
    • You need a 1,166 calorie deficit a day to make your goal
    {Note: If you want to lose 15 pounds in 45 days or 22 pounds in 60 days, just replace the numbers.}

Now that you have that number, figure out how many calories you will be taking in for that 30 day period.
    Let's say you decided to take in 1,400 calories a day.
    The math here is add the deficit (1,166) to your daily calorie intake 1400: so, (1400 + 1166 = 2,566)
    • You need to burn 2,566 calories a day to make your goal.

The great news! People burn TONS of calories a day just by breathing, driving a car, etc.

So, what's next?

Figure out your BMR (basal metabolic rate) so you know what you need to really burn through exercise alone.
    Let's say your BMR is 1800. Here is what you need to burn through exercise alone...the math: (2566 - 1800 = 766)
    • You would need to burn 766 calories a day through exercise of whatever kind in order to lose 10 pounds in 30 days.

Something to remember:
    This is only math and calories. This is not taking into account hard core workouts like high intensity interval training. So, if you go on the treadmill and stayed on it until you burned 766 calories (if that was your end number) you'd lose your 10 pounds in 30 days.

*Weightlifting adds muscle and muscle burns even MORE calories :D

By the way, for those not familiar with BMR or how to find out yours, My Fitness Pal has a calculator:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I know this is a lot in a short time but I'm not starving myself and I've done this before with MyFitnessPall iPhone app after I gave birth to my first child and finished breastfeeding her (3 years:) , I'm super committed, would love some company :)

I'm sticking to 1200 daily calorie limit and doing cardio + weights every day, I know I can do this.

Please add me if you're up for this :)

My daughter is graduating on June 8th. I would love to be even 20lbs by then.... :) Please add me so we can do this challenge!!!!
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm in a wedding in July and my anniversary is July 11th, so I'd love to drop 30+ by then. I've lost 31 in the last 12 weeks.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 37 pounds by July 14th because that will put me at 199 pounds and in ONEderland by my birthday.... I can't rememberthe last time I seen a 1 at the beginning of my weight... :-)
  • IronBarbie
    IronBarbie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for me! I am totally in!
  • Kimlogans
    Kimlogans Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in I also need to lose 30 pounds, currently loss 20 before starting My Fitness Pal , need motivation! Can someone tell me how to ad people, Im new and use it on my phone?
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 40 by end of august so im down! thats my wedding. im planning to stick to a 1200 caldiet and do cardio + 30DS + weights. We shoul do a weigh in every week to keep on track
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal weight is about 30lb away, and my birthday is the 10th July. I also have a weekend away with boyfriends family on 2nd August, and a wedding on the 8th August and another on the 28th August! So to get down to goal in that time would be awesome!

Count me in!