30 Day Shred Results (pics)

Options
ahern89
ahern89 Posts: 10 Member
Ages ago I saw people talking about 30DS on here, so I decided to try it out, expecting maybe to lose a few pounds. It took me over a month to finish it (49 days to be exact), but I finished it! I didn't take measurements, because I was expecting much, but I went from 168.8 lbs to 157.4 lbs, dropped my BF% by approximately 5%, and gained a crap-load of endurance that I didn't have on day one. I don't know if it's visible, but my stomach feels a lot firmer, and (which I'm happiest about) I got rid of some of the fat on my arms and toned them up slightly.

Day 1
photobucket-5775-1365547237058_zpsba454447.jpg30dss2_zps6ae7e930.jpg

Day 15
32243156-2a01-4994-b5a8-70ea22bb0bf3_zps1a193375.jpg3f849ed2-664b-4ad1-934e-45eccfe299ed_zpsfbacb328.jpg

Day 30
3fd3b3ac-087f-46e2-9a61-2207ad303e21_zps2a8d98cf.jpg24493015-dd25-4ea2-a6a4-c19356f857fa_zpsee8e2364.jpg

Replies

• RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You look great! I just started the 30 Day Shred today, you'll be one of my inspirations!!
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I did it last year, and I got good results, I was thinking of doing it again, I just wont be able to do it 30 days in a row again due to my work schedual, but its all good, and you do get results. Congrats you.
  • Monchie82
    Options
    Congrats! Great results! I'm on my 3rd day of the shred. (I didn't take my measurements either). Any advice for a beginner 30day shredder :) i've heard a lot of different opinions about taking a rest day...what did you do?
  • JazzyMiSa
    JazzyMiSa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred?
  • Larissa_Johnson
    Options
    I just bought that 30DS and I'm starting this week. Any tips, hints, suggestions for success?

Good job!
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    Kudos to you! Your hard work and dedication is definitely paying off! You look fabulous! Brilliant!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well done great results
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser....DVD exercise
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome! thanks for posting this. I am on L1D5 and love to see the success of those who have done it.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Go wildcats!! ;) Looking good!
  • MrsWanland
    MrsWanland Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! You look great! I am on Day 15 of the 30DS (L2D5) and it's one tough workout! In the first 10 days, I lost 4.8 lbs and 7.25 inches! It really does work! I'm always scouring the message boards to keep me encouraged...and you did just that! Way to go!
  • Thenewme31
    Thenewme31 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What great results! The results really do speak for themselves. I just finished Level 2 Day 1 today but I took my before photos on day one and pics from day 10 and it's amazing that in 10 days ONLY on the easiest of the levels I am down 5.5 in and 6.5lbs! I can totally tell a difference in my body composition already and I am only 1/3 of the way done! Thank you for the great pics it keeps me wanting to keep pressing play every day. I plan to finish 30 day shred on the 29th of this month then go through 2 rounds of ripped in 30.

To whoever asked about going straight 30 days, I believe it's up to the person doing it. For me I plan to do this every day because if in this beginning phase of working out I quit for a day or so I will not go back and then I'm back at square one. However, once this one is done I plan to take a couple days off and start ripped in 30 and do that only 6 days a week and take 1 day of rest because I've heard that one is VERY intense. After today's Level 2 not sure it could be but I'm sure if it's Jillian she can make it happen to hurt worse lol. Good luck to anyone doing this and if you need support along the way feel free to add me!
  • ahern89
    ahern89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great results! I'm on my 3rd day of the shred. (I didn't take my measurements either). Any advice for a beginner 30day shredder :) i've heard a lot of different opinions about taking a rest day...what did you do?

The best advice I can give is don't give up. The very first two days it took me two tries to get through it because I got tired before I even finished the first circuit of strength. Then I got to level 2 and it nearly killed me, but I pushed through the soreness knowing that it would pay off. I definitely took rest days, usually two a week with lighter exercise on those days.
  • kmr72
    kmr72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's so hard. I don't remember it being so difficult. Today was day three, still hard.
  • heartzyoga
    Options
    awesome results!
  • attipoe
    attipoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    great results.. your waist looks great so I know your BMI is down as well. good job.:smile:
  • sandrafar
    sandrafar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was also new to Dr. Ian Smith's Shredder meal plan, but I've stuck with it. On week 5 of 6, and have lost 15 pounds. I bought a pedometer and have increased my steps to tone my muscles,,...also doing water aerobics (easier for arthritic knees).Good luck...and definately start moving more for better results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!