Tinned tuna ideas?

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    All the talk about it I decided to make it.......This is a full dinner size plate.Consists of Ghetto Sushi SPicy hummus in middle snack peppers,carrots and some fresh cabbage around. If I eat all this and I am still hungry there is no reason why I cant grab some more food. Thing is I will def be full by time I empty plate. :drinker: Oh yeah isnt it pretty? Foods that are colorful and look alive make me enjoy my meals so much more and I feel like I am eating really good things when there is so much color on my plate.

338 calories...25 carbs.....15 fat.....30 protein....483 sodium....7 fiber

GhettoSushi001.jpg
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna + a couple TBSP's of light mayo + a bit of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper. Sometimes I add dill, chopped celery, or Newman's Own honey mustard vinaigrette. Cayenne pepper. I like to wrap it in romaine lettuce or put it on Sara Lee's 45 calorie bread and make a sandwhich of it. Just added to a salad is good too. And I second adding avocado, though that brings up the calorie count quite a bit.

ETA: Minced onion too. :-)
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monna32
    monna32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As I am trying to increase my protein intake, I m going to make a twist on hard boiled egg - cut one in half, throw away the yolk and stuff it with tuna mixed with either a spoon of super light mayo or salad sauce or cream cheese and have it with salad :) When I make it I will take a pic :o)
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love it with miracle whip (you don't need much!), some sweet relish & spicy brown mustard. Yum, love it on a wrap, bread, crackers or even on a salad in place of dressing. I also like adding tuna & veggies to some pasta dishes. You could even slice up cucumber in place of crackers. Nom nom nom! :-)
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bump for tuna!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump. I need new tuna ideas.
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just had tuna mixed with roasted garlic hummus, walnuts, and fresh mozzarella spooned into romaine lettuce leaves. Delicious.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    As I am trying to increase my protein intake, I m going to make a twist on hard boiled egg - cut one in half, throw away the yolk and stuff it with tuna mixed with either a spoon of super light mayo or salad sauce or cream cheese and have it with salad :) When I make it I will take a pic :o)

Throw away the yolk?! That's blasphemy!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Add a little hot relish and eat straight from the can. I do this when I'm hiking.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I get the snack tins of flavoured tuna - my favourite are the lemon&pepper and sweet thai chilly. YUMMY! I eat them on their own or on lettuce leaves.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    it's weird but...i eat that so often now...just love it.... I'm eating it right now too lol

You mix can of tuna in rice (i use uncle bens bistro whole grain brown rice)
    You can add some mix bean salad in it too..taste great.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kim2walker
    kim2walker Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipes!
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Whoever mentione cayenne pepper is my hero. I am going to try that My mouth will love you tomorrow, though my bottom may not think the same thing on Friday.
  • raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I mix quark or zero fat fromage frais in with salt pepper and lemon juice and use wherever I would use tuna mayo.
    Homemade tuna pasta or rice bake.
    With sweetcorn and new potatoes and extra light mayo or dressing ail mixed up with chives.
    X
  • Simarran
    Simarran Posts: 1
    Options
    In a food processor, put 2 garlic cloves, 6 kalamata olives, some jarred marinated artichokes (only like one or two), 1 tbsp olive oil and blend.

Then add in lemon juice, tuna, salt & pepper and a tiny bit of mayo and blend. it tastes soooo good. (It also looks like of purple because of the olives which is cool)

Also try blending a can of tuna with some ginger, garlic and miso dressing and put it in a salad! Its super yummmy with some green tea on the side.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My husband makes a fried rice with it using brown rice, shredded cabbage, and frozen stir-fry veggies. He LOVES it (smells gross to me).

I have a desk job, and while not terribly healthy, it's better than many other options - I keep the pouches of tuna (or mini cups) in my desk with a Kraft Easy-Mac cup and add some veggies or fruit on the side. Good when I'm in a jam or forgot to pack lunch.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)