Sports fans topic of the day: BOOING at events

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Is this ok? Or just tacky and poor sporty?

Myself, I think to boo a bad ref call is alright. But that's about it.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Riffety, riffety, riff-raff!
    Chiffity, chiffity, chiff-chaff!
    Riff-raff! Chiff-chaff!
    Let’s give ‘em a horse laugh:
    Sssssss!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Rut roh. I go beyond tacky then if that is the case.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options

ditto
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I didn't SAY it was lol. Just asked if you thought it was.
    I once gave some Auburn fans the double bird at a football game, so I'm not exactly mary poppins.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Most professional athletes have a wallet big enough to withstand some booing.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i really don't "boo." i only have a big problem with it when fans boo college kids, or little leaguers. i think you could defend booing professionals, though I wouldn't do it.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    ....how about booing players cramping, especially by teams running fast paced offenses in football.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    At pro level: yes

college: to an extent

Amateur: no
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I don't "Boo", I "Hiss" sometimes though...
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    When I was growing up "booing" was never allowed in my school. They always complained that it was poor sportsmanship. So, that kind of stuck and now I never boo lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think of this when thinking about "booing" ?

GvUGbPv.gif
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I, personally like to lead the crowd in a rousing round of BULL$H&$!!!! Always cracks me up, but yes tacky. I just have a juvenile sense of humor ESPECIALLY at a UGA football game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I once attended a friend's son's little league game and people were booing the opposing teams... Seriously, they are kids!! Nice to set a good example. Idiots.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I just yell obscenities. As long as I enunciate like a lady, I don't see a problem with it.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I've been known to wait until the crowd comes to a nervous silence when an opposing player is hurt on the ice and yell, "I HOPE YOU F*****G DIE!!!". I also told a player, as he was coming off the ice, something to the affect that his sister said I was better in bed than he was. I try to keep it PG because kids are around.
  • kelleygi
    Options
    I just yell obscenities. As long as I enunciate like a lady, I don't see a problem with it.

MY GIRL!!!! I'll save you a seat!!!!! :drinker:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Anything above high school that charges admission is free reign to boo; coaches, players, officials. The spectators are the paying public and have the right to voice their opinion (within reason) and booing is well within reason to voice your displeasure.

Some may think that college atheletes are borderline to be booing. However, the are getting a free (expensive) education in exchange for their free ride. They've accepted a free education, and exposure potentially leading to a professional athletic career in some instances.

Smaller schools are a different story, I suppose. Booing some walk on kid on a D-III school probably isn't good form.
  • kelleygi
    Options
    I've been known to wait until the crowd comes to a nervous silence when an opposing player is hurt on the ice and yell, "I HOPE YOU F*****G DIE!!!". I also told a player, as he was coming off the ice, something to the affect that his sister said I was better in bed than he was. I try to keep it PG because kids are around.

Ya'll too!!!!! Cheers!!!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think of this when thinking about "booing" ?

GvUGbPv.gif

Yup.