How Can Shy or Introverted People Meet?

Options
2»

Replies

• bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Shyness is not synonymous with Introversion. Shyness is based on fear of judgement often coupled with low self-esteem. Being an introvert means you like spending time alone and are dislike/are overwhelmed by large groups of people. You get your energy, you're recharged from spending time alone. You do best with people one-on-one and/or in small groups.

I am an introvert, but I am not shy at all. I know plenty of introverts who are also not shy. We just dislike a lot of talking or gabbing or the in-your-face loudness and rah-rah extroverts are known for. Next time you come across a calm,quiet guy who appears to be an introvert, maybe just try smiling at him. Then simply introduce yourself.

This is an EXCELLENT description! I too am an introvert, but I am not shy. The two are often seen as synonymous but being an introvert or extrovert is really all about how you recharge (extros get their energy from people and intros get their energy by being alone). I love social situations, but as an introvert need a few nights a week where I can be alone in my home to recharge my energy and keep shining! :smile:
  • djmodernroq
    Options
    Alcohol. sad but true.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkaab1ac7m1rhsxsyo1_500.jpg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am shy or introvert -- one or the other, or both :-}
    I married a true extrovert & we've been married for 28 years! It's been fun & never a dull moment! We are opposite in most ways except we share our most core values. We kinda knew of each other due to our Mom's being friends, but we didn't speak to each other or go out until we saw each other at a religious singles group bowling (of all things!) party. I only went to a couple of these religious singles group parties... but that was where we met. I introduced two friends of mine that didn't know each other at one of these parties, too, and they have been married for many years, too.

Linda
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    The Internet?? Everybody has balls there!

My bf and I are both on the shy side and that's how we met.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Half the people I know met in a bar on St Patrick's Day.