?4 MOMS

Options
just curious I have pretty harsh moring sickness so I figured Id ask did. . .. you have more morning sickness with boy or girl?

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys and the sickness varied with each pregnancy, the first was the absolute worst. :sick:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    My wife had horrible sickness with our son (first)
    With our daughter, almost none at all.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Gender of the baby is irrelevant when it comes to nausea. Just an old wives tale.

Eta: I have three kids, two boys and a girl, and never had nausea. I was incredibly fortunate.
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys and I never got sick, but I don't think it matters. I know a girl who was very sick with her first daughter and not sick at all with her second but very sick again with her third. Every pregnancy is different and may have different symptoms even if you are carrying the same sex baby :)
  • Buzzsgal51
    Options
    I have two girls, and my morning sickness with my first was pretty bad, especially until about 10am, and then I'd be okay, and it lasted until about 13 or 14 weeks before I felt normal again. With my second, it was pretty mild, and I would mostly just feel queasy in the evenings. I think it's pretty dependent on each pregnancy, and not whether you're having a boy or girl.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys and 1 girl.

With the boys, I had morning sickness for a few weeks.

With the girl, I was sick all day every day the entire pregnancy. All kinds of sickness, migraines, extreme fatigue, you name it, I had it.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I had such bad morning sickness I nick named it progesterone poisoning. I was so ill with my daughter I had to take anti-emetics (ondansetron) the whole way through pregnancy. I was still throwing up the day I had her, and it was immediately better after giving birth. With my son, I still lost a load of weight, but the sickness eased off about week 28. I found I couldn't cook AT ALL, and the only thing that helped was lying very still!
    Hope your sickness is not long lasting, its not pleasant, but it does (eventually) go away :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I was nauseous the first three months with both boys, only ever threw up once with the first one. But man, I could smell EVERYTHING, and most of it made my nausea worse. Once I hit month four, I only ever got nauseous from the smell of coffee, and I got my appetite back and ate the entire fridge. Multiple times. Ten more pounds and the baby weight is gone. Then I have to work on the last 20 that was entirely my doing. :-P
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had morning sickness from week 5-15 and I have a boy!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    a girl that I was in college with, we were pregnant at the same time (our kids are 5 days apart), but she had a boy and I had a girl. every morning we were both in the bathroom, vomiting. morning sickness doesn't discriminate.
  • slflorian
    slflorian Posts: 33
    Options
    I have triplet girls and wasn't sick once, however, my sense of smell was through the roof! The smell of chicken would make my stomach turn but I never got physically ill.
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    3 girls, sick as a dog with all three. The only thing that helped was keeping food in my stomach so of course, I got fat every time :/
  • mama_serpa
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and 17 month old, both girls. Horrible morning sickness with both weeks 3-20.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Both pregnancies I had horrid morning sickness, it's how I found out I was pregnant both times! My first was a boy and I was on bed-rest and constantly sick. My second was a girl and I was babysitting for a friend at the time and had to keep explaining I was okay, just vomiting all the damn time. She'd pat my back and tell me I 'did a good sick'. XD
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have 2 girls, and had a terrible case of hyperemesis with my first which got me hospitalized several times due to vomiting up blood, and being extremely dehydrated. With my second, I was sick in the mornings, for an hour, for only 12 weeks, and only puked twice :sick: .
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    2 boys- had it
    1 girl- had it.

By the 3rd I knew my triggers though so it was easier to avoid it. I had worse bouts with my first pregnancy (like up in bed trying to find a way to not hurt) but had it for longer periods with my 2nd. Kind of like a 2-3 month heartburn.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have two boys and never had morning sickness.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a girl and a boy.. All together I threw up every day, several times a day for 18 months.

I was a lot more nausiated all the time when I was pregnant wih my daughter (first) than with my son. However, I was in a lot more pain with my son.