What's your choice.....

Options
“Choices are sacrifices and inevitably that means giving up something that you want for something that you want more.”

This is a quote from one of my favorite television shows. I can’t seem to get it out of my head. It makes me think of all the times I wanted to lose weight and be healthy but instead my choice was to eat a load of junk food and sit on my couch instead. Based on my choices…..well it really shows what I wanted more. So I wondered how much I want to be healthy. Obviously I need to want it more than I have in the past. I would like to say that I cut out all junk food when I heard the quote but of course it is not that simple. However, it has really heightened my decision making skills. Each time I get ready to eat I think about if I want my health more than what I am about to eat or is it going to contribute to a healthier me.

I just thought I would share this quote. I would also like to know what choices “sacrifices” were made to reach your weight loss goals.

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The biggest sacrifice, BY FAR, is TIME. Time spent posting in the food and exercise diary, time spent measuring and weighing, time spent exercising, time spent shopping and cooking the right foods. Time I would have otherwise spent on my family, my horses, my garden planning, my art. Everything else is just different choices. TIME is the real cost of this "journey".
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My sacrifice is sleep. I get up at 5:30am 5 days a week to go to the gym. Of course I would love to stay in bed and get more sleep but at the end of the day I want the results more than I want the sleep :)