So hungry in the morning

Options
I usually eat breakfast around 6 about an hour after I get up. I usually have steel cut oats or some eggs and lean ham with salsa. But by 9 I am starving again. I usually take some Greek yogurt for a morning snack but that only seems to keep me full for about an hour and sometimes I don't get to take my lunch til 12:30 or 1. After lunch I'm not usually hungry till 6. Is anyone else like this?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I have breakfast early I have pretty much two snacks until lunch, or a snack and an early lunch. I'd try a bigger snack. As you said though, if you eat more in the morning you're usually fine the rest of the day.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    because you eat breakfast so early in the morning 9am may be lunch time for you?
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yep! That calls for "second breakfast".. usually I have a mid morning green tea and an apple.. if I'm feeling crazy.. I'll have some nuts or something too. :)
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I use to eat breakfast before school because yadaa yada most important meal in the day however I found I was starving before it was even morning break, more than I was if I were to have not eaten anything. I stopped eating breakfast right when I woke up for that reason.

Now I eat "breakfast" at work around 9:30-10AM (wake up 6:15) and have lunch at 12:30.