My dinner does not look sad!

Options
greenfalls107
greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
Tonight's dinner for the family is Johnny Marzetti, pasta, meat sauce, and lots of cheese baked until bubbly and sinful. However, mine dinner, I made a bit different- meat sauce, zucchini, and tomato basil string cheese cooked until bubbly and as my daughter said "It looks so sad, saying where are all the good parts for this meal?" Sad, no way! 245 calories per serving and I could have 2 pieces of garlic bread. I am choosing to eat what I want in the portions I want, but making sure I still eat within my budgeted calories. I rather trade the pasta for another piece of bread. I had yogurt, raisins, and strawberries for lunch.

What trades off do you make?

Replies

• KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've gotten really good at cooking for my husband and cooking for me. Sometimes I have to make two completely different meals, but hey... he works manual labor and eats 3500 to maintain. Good job sticking to your goal!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been learning the joys of roasted veggies lately, and love it. I roasted carrots with a mix of cardamom, oil and light butter for Easter. Then I roasted diced russet potatoes with whole garlic cloves and rosemary. Also, roasted broccoli is awesome.
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think we are amazing when we cook two meals..........one for family and one for self. It also shows our dedication to our goal. Never give up! What I have begun thinking is sometimes opposite what they think of my food being sad at times. I find myself feeling sad for those who don't understand that the new ways are the happy, healthy ones we are coming to love and enjoy as much as once the old ones. I look at the other food I have cooked I'd never partake in and I think "wow, that is sad to have to eat that to enjoy food."
    Keep up the good work at changing your diet lifestyle!!