Pic Heavy Like I Used To Be

Options
Letters24You
Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
One year down and 57lbs later I am just 3lbs away from my goal. Below is as short a story as I could possibly tell but feel free to just scroll through the pictures as I know that many times I just needed some motivators to get myself through the day.

I found MFP through a Google search one day and haven’t looked back.

I’m 5’6”, 23 years old and started at 240lbs. I was always a bigger kid and with each year came more weight. I was taught to eat everything on my plate and I was never into sports or activities. Whatever the reasons, I really just never wanted to change my eating habits, only my weight. As most of you do or will know, that’s not an option. What you put in is what you get out.

My boyfriend was one of the biggest supporters I had along this journey. My weight never meant anything to him but he knew it mattered to me. Luckily he eats almost anything so it made no difference to him when the fridge got a sudden make over. He also loves to cook so he had a blast experimenting with healthy ingredients in old recipes.

I started tracking my food and walking every day after work. I’m not really a gym person so I stuck to small circuit training routines and lots of walking. As some of you may know, I lost my walking partner and one of my best friends, Bennie Big Nose, just a few weeks ago. At 12 years old he still walked proudly, 2 miles, every day with me. I was so looking forward to more of our bonding time after the winter but I know he continues to walk by my side. For him, I will reach and maintain my original goal of 180lbs.

Now for the pics…

SW: 240lbs, Size 18 Pants, Tops XL
Mod1.jpg

June: 220lbs
Mod8.jpg

The fun pants picture that everyone does...
Size 18, 16, 14 & 14
9-9-12-4.jpg

October: 200lbs
Mod11.jpg

November: 200lbs with Circuit Training
Mod10.jpg

The Goal Dress...
Size 14 - Purchase at the start of my journey
Mod2.jpg

January: 192lbs ONE-DERLAND!!
Mod7.jpg

April: 183lbs & 1 Year on MFP
Mod6.jpg

CW: 183lbs, Size 10 Pants, M/L Shirts
Body Progression...
Mod3.jpg

Clothing Progression...
Mod4.jpg

Goal Dress Results...
cbd01567-a793-4cae-85d4-278091703ca8.jpg

I picked up a few MFP friends along the way, lost a few and in the end I found a pretty solid group of girls that kept me going. I found that myself, SwedishWillow, CaveWoman15 and NMB0717 kept a pretty healthy competition between each other so a special shout to those girls for always keeping me going.

I missed a few days of walking, had more than my share of drinks and occasionally I ate some fast food. No one is perfect; especially me. But I made it through one year of healthy living and am confident that this has been a life changer.

Best of luck to all of you on your journeys!

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You're looking great (fab dress too).
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look wonderful. Very inspirational.
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! And oh god I want that dress ha.
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    wow! you look fantastic! that dress is amazing on you!
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job. Thanks for sharing.
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love the dress! You look great :)
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    www.venus.com
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational pics, thanks for sharing!

:flowerforyou:
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    How sweet. You still feel like Bennie is walking by your side. Awww! Keep up the good work, you look great!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lady you are amazing!!!!!!!!!! The difference is so drastic, congratulations :) You deserve to rock that awesome dress and fabulous body somewhere amazing! Thanks for being a great supporter for me too!
  • kirstenleo
    kirstenleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!! GREAT JOB GIRL!!!
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    love this! so proud of you!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    phenomenal success story!!! i'm so proud of you - you look fantastic! you worked really hard and it shows. well done girl!!!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. That dress looks smokin on you :smile:
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Congrats!
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a goal dress. I thought about doing the same, but I was scared I'd never get down to my goal, so I keep putting it off.

You look amazing and you're totally rocking that dress. :)
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You did an excellent job, congratulations and that dress is sooo darn cute!!! You go Gurl!!!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a difference a year makes! You are doing great. Good luck with hitting your goals!
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    awesome job!!! love the dress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!