Best Blender for fruit and veggie smoothies

Options

Replies

• CatMcCheesey
    Options
    I bought a Bella at Target for $18 and have used it daily for my kale smoothies for 6 months and it is still going strong.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Invest in the Vitamix. I had a Ninja and it was good, but it did not compare at all to the Vitamix. It's worth the investment if you make alot of smoothies and raw recipes!
    ^ This. Love my Vitamix. It's the ONLY small appliance in our house used every single day, and the ONLY one to receive it's own place on the counter. Everything else is relegated to the appliance cupboard.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I bought a Nutribullet (made by Magic Bullet) recently and I love it. I have been making green smoothies every day for about 2 weeks now. It is very powerful and has that extra "oomph" that the Magic Bullet doesn't have. The only drawback is that the cup does not fit many different ingredients at once because it is not as big as a blender. You could always halve the ingredients and then mix twice. If you want a full size blender, I'd recommend the Vitamix or Blendtec, but they are pricey. If you decide on the Nutribullet, get a coupon to Kohl's or Bed, Bath, & Beyond to get a good discount. They are $100.

I've had my Nutribullet for a week now, and it's awesome!
  • lauriand
    lauriand Posts: 24
    Options
    Vitamix!! Expensive, but worth every penny!!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja...it does a great job on everything!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i use my margaritaville maker. i've never tried adding vegs tho. i like that i can add the shredded ice to my smoothies.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Once you own a vitamix you'll never use anything else. It's a must have for my daughters when they move out. They've never known a day without one and don't want to give it up. It is worth every penny unless you don't use it - then any cheap *kitten* blender can collect dust on the counter.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Get a Ninja Pro for $100 or less if it's on sale. Use the $400 you saved versus the Vitamix to buy something you're going to use more, like a guitar and amp, or a new TV, or a canoe and fishing rod. Or you could pay off a loan or credit card, or maybe donate to a charity of your choice. Buy some nutritious food, pay your bills on time.

There are almost an infinite number of better uses for several hundreds of dollars than a smoothie maker.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I really don't like my magic bullet
  • CandyCain70
    Options
    I am considering either the Ninja Kitchen Pulse which comes with 3 16 oz personal cups to blend in. It has 700 wts. The other one I am looking at is the Nutri Bullet which has 600 wts. Have any of you used the Ninja Kitchen Pulse model? It is cheaper then the Nutri Bullet.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Vitamix...... hands down (in my opinion :tongue:)

(P.S in response to price, the best place to get it is a costco. And you can make way more than just smoothies in it. I use my every single day and can't imagine using anything else! Well worth the money.)
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought me a "Ninja Professional 1000 watts" It is great! It will eat ANYTHING!!! (Frozen fruit, frozen broccoli, carrots, anything! ) He got it at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $100. I highly recommend! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • throttle2009
    Options
    magic bullet works good on frozen fruit and ice cubes..I also like the fact that its in single serving size so its handy that way.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet. Just don't add ice. Haha
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Blendtec - i have a smoothie every day. I can blend ice carrots, apples, It is loud though
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Another Blendtec vote. Used daily by the whole family.
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I got the Ninja food processor about a year ago and absolutely LOVE it! Works almost as well as my sisters Vitamix.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja...probably the cheapest one. Nothing super special for a ninja... Gets the job done. Me likes.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja but am thinking of investing in a Vitamix because I buy raw juice a few times a week and it is so pricey.

I only use the ninja for smoothies. Has anyone had luck using for juice? Can you?