Do you exercise on vacation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Not obsessive at all. I always workout on vacation!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I always exercise on vacation. That is one of the joys of vacation. Longer runs or workouts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Yep. Gym every morning for at least 45 min. We will only stay at hotels that have gyms. Good thing my DW gets Marriot points when she travels.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rachaelk8
    Options
    I will be exercising. I finally got myself to a point where I do 60 minutes exercise a day, every day. I will be going away for a week in October and I booked a hotel near the river because I know it has a path that I can run on easily and not get lost and so I can stay away from running through a really busy city with all the lights and being disorientated and the people to avoid. Meh.
    There is also a gym at the hotel though I am more of an outdoors person.
    The biggest thing for me will be running in 35-40 degree heat... I have never done that before and I am not really looking forward to it.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If I were to vacation and visit family, I would probably run instead of going to the gym. Easy, no equipment, and it would give me some time to myself.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I always work out on vacations but:

1. I only sleep 4-5 hours per day
    2. I enjoy coming up with new workouts to suit wherever I end up on vacation
    3. Working out is how I relax

If it's not the same for you, don't work out and enjoy a relaxing vacation with your loved ones. The gym will be there when you get back home.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Why not if you can? Everyone does it differently and neither is wrong. I say if you want to workout then go for it!! I love to workout if I can when on vacation!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Maybe instead of 6 days a week I'll do 3-4.