just making the decision to get smaller

Options
Hello, I recently lost my Mom in Feb. of 2010 and have found that the grieving process has put some pounds on me. So, I am attempting to shed them. This is my first day using this program and I like how quick it adds up the calories for me. I used to use a big book to look up calories. Yesterday I finally went into my closet and took out all of the size 10's and put in all the size 12's. A very good wake up call for me. As I was a size 8 two summers ago and those had to go as well. So the ever increasing me will have to start shrinking. I have a good feeling about this web site. I feel more supported already.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It is a great site, lots of support, and welcome
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First of all, sorry for your loss. Welcome to this site, we are all here for the same reasons (I think), to lose weight and get healthy. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    This site is really great, I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.
  • dropit2010
    Options
    Welcome Shelley! I am not as bold as you are to remove my size 8s or 10s, but I refuse to buy anything in a size 14. So for now, it will remain all mixed in. I will have a party when I can remove the 12s!!! Happy shedding...
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    There is LOTS of support here...when you are having a rough time, someone will always be around to help....I love it here.
  • kristelagarcia
    kristelagarcia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is a great site! Its the only thing I've been able to stick with for more than a month! And its definitely a good sign that everyone's tickers show huge success if they've been here awhile. I also love how you can post excercise, and people comment "Good Job! ", i never got a feeling of achievement when no one knew my struggles :P

feel free to add me :)
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss...and I most definitely understand eating as a way of coping with hard things that life can throw at us. You've come to a good place with a lot of tools and support! Feel free to friend me if you want to and good luck to you!!!!
  • shelleyrose
    shelleyrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea so many people would respond to that little blog. Thanks. That is so cool.
    -Shelley
  • shelleyrose
    Options
    Yes, when the 12's are gone, that will be a party day! I agree!
  • shelleyrose
    Options
    How do I friend people? Oh, and thank you, that means alot to me.