OMG, LOL
  • KatiePanda25
    Options

LOL! That is awesome, thanks!!

:laugh:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I ate them back at the beginning but when I didnt lose for weeks I stopped eating them back. I think for me - I need to leave them alone so I add them back in as snacks durng the day and then delete them at night before bed. I like logging them, but not eating them!
    It could be age related too- when I was younger I lost weight even though I ate more than I do now. Over 40 - I would suggest not to eat them, under 40- eat some, under 30- eat them all!
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    Some days I do by accident but I see exercise as burning calories not adding calories back. Granted i'm only on 1400 calories which I seem to be able to work off of and do 60 minutes of exercise per day and lose weight. Any more calories and I'd start t to gain again.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I don't because I am trying to lose weight. The point of exercising for e is to burn as many calories as possible. Another person who is trying to gain muscle or who is maintaing would probably eat back their calories.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't or I try not too. I have been walking or and working out daily and staying under 1500 calories...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

INAPPROPRIATE!!! do not go to this link! reported to the site as well

I think it's funny. If you have a sense of humor, do click.

It used to just say "YES". But, I see now, they've changed that. LOL.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine. Am losing weight slowly but steadily. Close to 30 lbs - close to six months.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Like once a week I go over my regular 1350 and that's okay cause I always have bunches of workout calories....but I really try not to. I love seing a big differential. It makes me feel skinnier woot! :D
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back. you need a minimum of 1250 calories NET a day so as long as you eat 1250 don't worry about eating your whole workout back
  • roxazaloah
    Options
    Just happened by this post and it helped me understand exercise cals a lot better. Thanks for the information OP and other posters! :smile:
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry so usually I do eat them back. I try not to obsess with it too much tho, I find that the less I care the more fit I get. If I don't eat I get real hangry like fighting rage lol!
  • lazza_x
    lazza_x Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm finding that I eat around 900 cals a day which includes lots of veggies especially for dinner and my work out comes in at about 350 calories. Is it bad that I am so under my 1200 goal day-to-day. I don't feel particularly hungry and would feel like i was just eating to reach the 1200 if i ate anymore, not because I was hungry
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that I eat around 900 cals a day which includes lots of veggies especially for dinner and my work out comes in at about 350 calories. Is it bad that I am so under my 1200 goal day-to-day. I don't feel particularly hungry and would feel like i was just eating to reach the 1200 if i ate anymore, not because I was hungry

Short term... it's probably fine. Long term, yes it's bad. There are several negative side effects that come from that sort of starvation/very low cal diet.
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I eat back some of them, never all. I'm pretty new to MFP but to me, it seems counterproductve to eat back all of the calories I burn. Yesterday, for example, I gained 280 workout calories, and I was 200 calories under my calorie goal. It's not always completely intentional, but it does happen.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't, only because I follow a macro-based diet that already takes my exercise levels into account.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I eat back some of them, never all. I'm pretty new to MFP but to me, it seems counterproductve to eat back all of the calories I burn. Yesterday, for example, I gained 280 workout calories, and I was 200 calories under my calorie goal. It's not always completely intentional, but it does happen.

It depends on how you calculated your daily goal... but while it may seem counter-productive, it's actually quite necessary for a lot of people.

Read these if you care to understand...
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/383956-exercise-calories-explained
    and
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Yes I sure do! Just about every one too ;-)