So awesome!
  • 1diggs
    1diggs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great
  • Platmp
    Platmp Posts: 1
    Options
    Nicely done keep up the good work. so we will be seeing less of you :)
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference already! You are doing great and I KNOW you can make it the rest of the way :)
  • imstef
    imstef Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    congratulations, loved reading this brought tears to my eyes!
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your smile speaks volumes!!! Keep up the brilliant work :flowerforyou:
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm so happy for you, so close to getting your walking back. You got this!:drinker: Onederland is within your reach:wink:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring post! So proud and excited for you! It really hit home with me because I'm just a little younger than you, and know I'm headed for the same kinds of ortho problems if I don't get my weight down more.

I think that it is important that us older girls and guys let our MFP friends see that you are NEVER TOO OLD to try and get healthy. I wasted a lot of years just getting fatter and fatter, thinking that it would be too hard to lose "that much weight".

I also believe that seeing an old girl with the health issues (ruined knees and wasted years) caused by carrying too much weight might let some youngsters see their fate, if they keep putting on weight.
    I see on your profile that you're from Chula Vista-- I was born and raised in San Diego and used to work in Chula Vista, and my husband grew up there.

Yes. I was 4 years old, when my parents bought a one bedroom house on a piece of land that used to be a lemon orchard. I didn't move from Chula Vista, until I was 59 years old. I moved to Nevada, went to church, met a crazy old pastor named Special Ed who proposed to me 2 days later and married him within the month. My life was never the same again.

I am so blessed that my hubbie has always thought that I was beautiful, even when I weight 280 pounds. In fact...since I joined MFP, Ed has been losing weight too. His top weight was 236. Now, he is about 210. He is trying for Onederland too.

I would love to weigh less than Ed some day. :wink:
    Wishing you all the best in continuing to turn back the clock! Hope I can "undergrow" my clothes soon as you have done! And hey-- I understand you wanting to wait to buy a nice new wardrobe, but go treat yourself to a few things that fit you, even if it's just at a thrift store! Show off how much you've lost and don't hide under too-big clothes! It will be a nice little reward along the way, and maybe motivational as well.

I want to save some money, but I don't like wearing other folk's clothes. I would rather wait and get something special after my new knees are in place.

By the way, here is the love of my life, Special Ed. This photo was taken of us on Coronado Island on my birthday in February.

02-06-13EdandSue_zpsd0f68475.jpg?

Isn't he a handsome devil? :love:
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration you are to others here! I noticed you are smiling and looking happy these days and you have every right to be smiling! You are one special lady and well on your way to have huge success. Thank you for sharing your pics and story! Its posts like this that give so many people hope and inspiration! Amazing Lady! Keep us posted when you get your surgery! Cece
  • glendarednock
    Options
    Wow! You look great! keep it up I know you can lose the weight and you will know what to eat and what not to eat. I am struggling to keep mine off. I weighted 193 and now down to 176 at least that is what the scales at the Hospital says you know how they are!! LoL! I went down to 171 but some how gained 4 pounds back. Don't know what happened?? But going to keep working at it until I reach my goal of 135lbs. I have noticed my cloths being so much losser than they use to be! I should of done what you did take a picture of before and now to see the difference. Right now I just go on how my cloths fit. If you have any recipes send them my way. Need some more ideas for using chicken.

Looking Good.
  • PiecesOfTheHeart
    PiecesOfTheHeart Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Amazing work!!! You look great! Keep it up you are inspiring!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I hope you get your new knees soon!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are an AMAZING woman and an inspiration to me and many others. Love that big smile to go with your big heart!
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow - fantastic work! You can really be proud of yourself!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions on your achievements to date - that is so good that you did it without surgery etc - and obvioulsy not able to exercise a lot.

I was going to suggest you go to a thrift shop and get yourself a few things that fit but I see you don't like wearing other people's clothes. Maybe look at it as recycling - you can take them home and wash them etc - I donated bags and bags of clothes to the charity shops, I now buy back from them, and have found some really nice things.

Looking forward to seeing a post that you have hit ONEderland :flowerforyou:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    wow!!! that's Amazing!!! You are such an inspiration!!! I know you will reach One-derland very soon!!!
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your story is so amazing! Great job and I wish you all the well wishes and luck for the next 30! :)
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    great job!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job! Keep up the good work.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!