Repeating meals

Options
How many of you repeat meals over and over? I have a staple meal I could eat over and over and feel completely fine and guilt-free about it. It's a healthy meal too - 1 cup quinoa, 1/4 pkg of lite tofu (Nasoya brand is what I can here), 1 cup chopped broccoli (usually sauteed or steamed, depending on how I feel and sometimes with garlic), and 1/2 tbs low sodium soy sauce. Sometimes I think that I'll get sick of the repetitiveness of it but then when I actually eat the food over and over, I really enjoy it and look forward to it. I do know that I have to eat more than that to get in all the necessary nutrients I need though.

Does anyone else repeat meals (if so, what meal)? Do you find it hurts or helps in how you eat?

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    All day, erryday.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    At least 4 times a week i have the same lunch. So all the time.. =)

Consistency is key
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I ate the same dinner 4 days in a row, then I felt maybe I needed some variety so I switched it up. But I could have eaten it for a whole week straight with no complaints.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I cook on Sunday.

I eat whatever I cook for lunch and dinner all week.

I'm perfectly happy with this plan - and it's how I ate before I started losing weight too. It's not a health thing it's a laziness thing. Well laziness combined with the fact that it doesn't bother me at all to keep eating the same food so why not.

This week is beefless stroganoff with salad for lunch and with steamed zucchini for dinner.

Yum.
  • Mharren
    Mharren Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm all for this sort of thing. I always order the same thing at restaurants and when I don't have someone around to cook for me...I eat the same everyday. And I make left-over....so i can it all again and again. "D

- Mharren
  • landerson71
    Options
    Im the same- i have the exact same breakfast and i vary between two lunches and for dinner it is always fish and vegetables and sometimes swap to rice and salad- sounds very boring but i enjoy it and the routine of it is helping me to stick to it and not stray from the diet! i like to know what i will be eating for the day and if i do i dont think about food as much as i would if i didnt know and then that makes me more hungry! might sound like a crazy logic but it is really working for me!
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    How many of you repeat meals over and over? I have a staple meal I could eat over and over and feel completely fine and guilt-free about it. It's a healthy meal too - 1 cup quinoa, 1/4 pkg of lite tofu (Nasoya brand is what I can here), 1 cup chopped broccoli (usually sauteed or steamed, depending on how I feel and sometimes with garlic), and 1/2 tbs low sodium soy sauce. Sometimes I think that I'll get sick of the repetitiveness of it but then when I actually eat the food over and over, I really enjoy it and look forward to it. I do know that I have to eat more than that to get in all the necessary nutrients I need though.

Does anyone else repeat meals (if so, what meal)? Do you find it hurts or helps in how you eat?

I'm like that as well. I always have the same breakfast and lunch but try to vary my dinner a little but I mostly eat the same. The only times I eat something new or different is when I go out or eat with my family. But it works for me and after eating the same thing a thousand times I still enjoy it. xD
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast daily and the same lunch on weekdays and then just vary dinners
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have the pretty much the same breakfast every work day. And I get on kicks where I'll eat the same thing for dinner several times a week. It's easy to log because you can save your favorite meals here, and I often don't get home until 7:30-8pm so knowing what I'm going to have makes it easier.

I'm looking forward to my favorite summer meal - 2 ears of corn on the cob and a fresh sliced tomato, a few slices of a sharp cheddar cheese, and a glass of cold milk. Yummy - and I'll have it 3-4 times a week when the fresh corn and tomatoes are in season.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have the pretty much the same breakfast every work day. And I get on kicks where I'll eat the same thing for dinner several times a week. It's easy to log because you can save your favorite meals here, and I often don't get home until 7:30-8pm so knowing what I'm going to have makes it easier.

I'm looking forward to my favorite summer meal - 2 ears of corn on the cob and a fresh sliced tomato, a few slices of a sharp cheddar cheese, and a glass of cold milk. Yummy - and I'll have it 3-4 times a week when the fresh corn and tomatoes are in season.

Me too. I have three breakfasts that I rotate (yogurt & fresh berries, scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and spinach or a protein shake smoothie made with almond milk and frozen fruit) and for lunch it's usually a salad with either a hard boiled egg or grilled chicken. Dinners vary depending on how much time I have to cook. For breakfast on the weekends I usually make eggs or oatmeal since I don't have to rush out the door. It makes it so much easier to log my food for the week and plan out the rest of my meals.

We also have many meals made up of fresh tomato & corn. I'll have to remember to add the sharp cheddar cheese.
  • greensaretasty
    Options
    I recently went to the store and bought a bunch of healthy foods. I am an extremely picky eater but thought I'd increase what I usually eat with other foods I like. I wanted more color in my fridge/cabinets. It's becoming hard to keep up with and actually get myself to eat those foods. I've already made a store list for the next time go shopping. I am trying to make this food last as long as possible before having to spend more money though. My list has a good from each of the food groups I need (I'm vegetarian) and it is food I enjoy and can and will eat over and over again. I think repetitive meals keep me in check and sane to know what I am eating without worry.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't repeat a lot of meals- but I do use the same basics, I just "garnish" them differently

chicken+veg for lunch/dinner(I only do breakfast and lunch/dinner) +________and usually +cheese mmmm

eggs or oatmeal or eggs + oatmeal for breakfast simple and doesn't require much effort or storage space.
  • xbleedingxglitterx
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast almost everyday (chobani pineapple greek yogurt & fruit). I'm a creature of habit lol
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    My meal plan on week days is often identical for the whole week.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do 95% of my weekly meal prep on Sunday, so i hard-boil all my eggs, make my breakfast bake, make some sort of lunch in the crock pot that i eat all week, so breakfast, and lunch are the same all week, i pack the same snacks all week, and dinner is the only thing that changes.
  • supermoo2
    supermoo2 Posts: 77
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every day and very similar lunches every day.....much easier when working....if the food is healthy, you are getting enough nutrients, you like it and don't get bored with it, what does it matter. The whole point is to eat food that you like and that is healthy for you......
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I eat the exact same, breakfast, lunch, and dinner 2-3 days in a row because I'll buy what I want for breakfast for the week till I run out (i.e bread and ham), and I cook 4-6 portions and have them for lunch and dinner till i'm out.
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I rotate my breakfast between a bagel and cream cheese or Special K Breakfast Sandwich. I also have yogurt 5 days a week for breakfast and lunch. My lunches are the same boxes meals between either WW Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine.