Gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I go at least 5 days a week and on weekends we try to do something active as a family; walking the dogs, running through the neighborhood while the kids ride their bikes, etc.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    5-6. A mix of fitness classes and picking heavy things up, and then putting them back down.

This is what I do to. It's such a part of my life now that I don't feel good when I don't go. On day 7 I still move...usually a longer walk with the dog than normal.
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I try to go 6-7 times a week. At least twice Mon-Fri and Sat and Sun are rest days so I just go to play racquetball.
  • blkpag1
    blkpag1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    7 Days of bike time (on road or on trainer) in the morning. 6 days lifting at night. Saturday is my only day off hitting the gym and on that day I am putting some nice leisurely miles on the bike.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I'm there 7 days a week due to work, but I work out 6 days a week. Nothing longer than 45 minutes at a time and not more than an 1.5 hours in a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week - 3 days cardio, 3 days weights. I may or may not go to the gym for cardio; if the weather's nice I run outside.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Depending on the weather, I go 3,4 or 5 times a week. Somedays I go for a long walk at lunch instead. And with warm weather soon, I'll be cycling. My goal is 150 minutes of total exercise per week.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I go 5 to 6 days a week and stay for about a hour or so. I like to try to do 3 days cardio, 3 days strength. I also do Yoga for 30-60 minutes every day.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    At least three times a week, usually for at least 2 hours each time: M: yoga & Zumba; W: lifting & Zumba; S: lifting & Zumba. Bonus cardio sometimes in there if weather's crappy, otherwise 1-2 times a week I end up walking/running outside
  • soberchic12297
    Options
    6 days a week cardio every day is a must I alternate upper body every other day then lower body
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    6 days, Monday thru Saturday, Sunday rest day.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    While the weather is nice out, I'm only going 3x per week, just on my lifting days. I also run 3 days per week but when it gets too hot I won't be able to do that outside any longer so it will then be 6 days per week.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym Monday through Friday. I only work on two to three muscle groups a day depending on if i am still sore. I will workout a major muscle group like chest and for a secondary muscle or a muscle that helps aid a larger muscle i will work out Triceps for example.. I don't workout over a hour and If i am sore i wont work out that muscle till it has fully recovered. Recovery is a huge part of building muscle.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week for me.

I'm planning on geting in some walking outdoors now that the weather is getting nicer and it's staying lighter longer, so that number may drop by a day or 2.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I try to workout 6 days a week, with 1 rest day.
    3 days cardio, alternated and 3 days lifting, alternated :)