A Huge (clothing) Purge!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    You really made me laugh. Thanks for that. Most of us do not go out & buy a 3-5K wardrobe, Eric. But women probably do have a harder time than men. I hated reading about the shoe size loss. I don't want to do that as I have shoes I love. But then again, don't women always buy too many shoes? I do. Wondering if you have lost a shoe size or two? For now, I have dresses and capris I can grow "down" into so I won't have to shop for awhile. And congrats to you for your great job of losing weight. My hubby says he'll give me $500 for clothes when I reach my goal; then I'll find another $500 from here & there (shhh, don't tell him) and I should be pretty set.
    Lol, yes, it's not in the norm for me to purchase so many new clothes, my first job out of college was as an inpatient nurse in an immunosuppressed unit - meaning scrubs were supplied and washed in hospital - I just wore sweats in and changed into the scrubs. When I took my first professional nursing job I really had nothing! It was a big step up for me professionally so I needed to dress to impress - but wearing business attire everyday in a world of women - you can't just wear the same thing every week! Also, instead of buying the cheap department store clothing - I went to Express to buy things that just made you feel wonderful - they fit like a glove and were so flattering!! So, yes, tons of money out, but hopefully I will get a decent chunk of change back!
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!! Weight loss that is...not the clothes. Try shopping my favorite designer....Clearance! (that's what my granddaughter says). I've bought pants/skirts/tops from New York and Company for $10 a piece. Kohl's has great clearances also...I've gotten pants there anywhere from $3 to $8!
    That's where I shop now!!! Since I retired from working, I no longer need such primo clothes - and my tastes have changed too! I'm actually going to Kohl's today to get a non heeled shoe!! 99% of my shoes are 3" heels or over, but now with running, I really need to watch my feet. See picture below - I'm excited!! Best of all? Only $26.99!

207wd9t.jpg
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    I'm having the same problem... Tons of (expensive) pencil skirts, dress tops and dress pants all in size 12's & XL's. I'm thinking that these are a little large to be taken in, I'm now a 4 and XS top :frown:

I think I would need the best seamstress in the entire world to fix my old clothes.

Edited to add: I've been hitting the sales racks at TJ Maxx and JCPennys recently. Scored about 3 garbage-bag sized bags full of dressy/casual clothes at JCP for around $110 about 3 weeks ago. Most things were under $8 :bigsmile:

Wow!! I may have to go check out those stores this weekend!!
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    @ EVERYONE

Thanks for sharing your stories and your words of support and encouragement!! :love:

Random LOL cat for a laugh:
    2qnv02a.jpg
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Nice going! I hope you do well at consignment. I'm in a sort of different situation. I had a bunch of really nice clothes that I had outgrown and put into storage. Most of them fit again and I'm loving it.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. I was a size 16/18 and now into 12's. When someone told me I needed to get new pants because my britches were baggy I took it to heart. I just bought a couple of pairs to give me basics then I went home and got rid of 3 trash bags of clothing (just passed them on to someone else!). I had a ton of stuff, now I have more closet space and reasons to go to the mall!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been doing the same. Just got rid of 7 bags of clothes sized 18-22. Now down to a 10-12. Tried selling my clothes (and really nice suits, dresses, etc.). Didn't make much money off of them and wound up donating a lot to Goodwill, but hey, tax break for next year!! Good luck to you. And I agree -- use Thrift, Goodwill, 2nd hand stores for missing pieces.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Isn't it awesome?!?! I started out at 240lb in size 22 jeans (and they were the stretchy kind from CJ Banks too, so probably more like a 24 in regular store sizes), and I'm down to 215 and wearing non-stretchy 16s! They're still a bit snug-ish, not what I'd call all-day comfy, but it means all my size 16 shorts and capris will fit this summer! Or maybe not... I keep losing like I have been and I'm gonna have to go shopping... I don't have any thing smaller!
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh my, how great for you. Yes, you have gone down too many sizes to have the altered. But you shop like I do. I love clearance.
  • LexiEverAfter
    Options
    That is fantastic!! I started with two huge rubbermaid tubs of clothes that were too small. I now have three rubbermaid tubs of clothes that are too big! Great job!

32632010.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!