HELP ME!

Options
Jecca910
Jecca910 Posts: 25 Member
I have started my weight loss journey! I'm in it for life. I am set to get married next April and I am a whopping 270 lbs. I am 21 years old and I have my whole life ahead of me. I was a avid soda drinker and always ate fast food. i'm hoping to stick with the water only and control my portions. I have no idea how to cook healthy for me and my fiance. I am trying zumba tonight and i cannot wait. please give any advice, recipes that you may have. also share your stories with me and be friends with me here! I need as much inspiration and encouragement that i can get. thank you so much!

Replies

• clbymm
    clbymm Posts: 3
    Options
    There is a site called www.eatingwell.com. If you go to the diet & health section, it gives you a 28 day healthy plan. It also can be set up based on calories as well. I used to drink soda all day, everyday. I can say once I stopped, I felt so much better after a few days. Now I sleep better, I exercise 5 days a week. Some times it's just a two mile walk, but I have started doing sit-ups everyday to as well. I started off only doing 5-10 and worked my way up. I do abdominal crunches and alternate with full sit ups, hopefully it helps with toning. I am getting married in June next year and want to lose 70 lbs, so I understand where you are right now
  • annanderson77985
    annanderson77985 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is a blog that I like.. http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/

Remember that 'healthy' doesn't always mean low calorie.. so choose wisely..
  • Jecca910
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you! I am just taking it a day at a time. My fiance is not ready to give up the sodas yet but i'm not buying them so i'm forcing him to drink water lol! I have to make the life change for the both of us. I am really trying to get the hang of things. I do love being outdoors so that isn't the problem. Thank you so much for responding, anything else you want to add i'm willing to try!
  • Jecca910
    Options
    bump
  • MeganJane1983
    MeganJane1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First off, you're absolutely beautiful! :) Secondly, I'm 30 and have spent my last 10 years being obese. I've transformed my nutrition and fitness level over the last 6 weeks. I'll be happy to help any way I can. I love to cook, can give you some thoughts and ideas and support you. MFP has been changing my life. Read my profile and blog, this is the first time that anything has worked for me, so I want to pass on what I'm doing to as many people as I think really want to change! Congratulations on your engagement and your new commitment to yourself!
  • stevenbatl
    stevenbatl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sodas! I gave them up a year ago. Took me almost a year prior to that to get it done. I believe in weaning off of things that you have so integrated in your life. I found that going cold turkey with something will cause bigger and ferocious cravings later, but that's me. It's not always the same for everyone.

Also, get social! Add some friends and communicate. I am starting to do that now and have found the social aspect to be a big motivator. I even opened up my food diary and let it all show...the good, the bad, and the beer! You can add me if you'd like and even look at my tasty food choices. haha
  • Jecca910
    Options
    You guys are awesome for responding! Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Jessica! From the east coast, born and raised in Wilmington, NC!

Stevenbatl - Sodas are my kryptonite! I feel like I have to quit cold turkey or i'm gonna keep on and on and on and i'm not gonna stop! lol. I will definitely get social, i'm really starting to figure out this site and how it works and use it! That way I don't keep staring at it in awe lol.

Meganjane1983 - You're a looker yourself ;) Thank you! I've struggled for as long as I can remember. I was a emotional eater and I ate because I was bored and just loved food. I'm trying to find a way to cook everything I love to cook at home, but just healthy! I have to set an example for my fiance, we both are trying to do this together! What are some of your favorite foods to cook? How about your fitness activities? I'm trying zumba for the first time tonight because I love to dance! I will get over to read your blog and check you out! I really am thankful for the support. Thank you so much on my engagement, I'm bound and determined to reach my goal!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good for you! Just remember it's not all or nothing. Take small steps and don't expect perfection.
    Good luck!
  • Jecca910
    Options
    bump