Has anyone tried Tracy Anderson's dvds?

Options
I have been learning that celebs and regulars alike are doing the Tracy Anderson 30-Day method and am thinking about trying it out after I get done with my current workout regimen. I have seen before and after photos of the people who have done it and they look awesome but has anyone on MFP tried it? And what kind of results did you and along with any helpful info.

Replies

• stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started her 30 day method a few months back but didn't finish it because the diet was incredibly restrictive. I'm talkin' 700-800 calories TOTAL in a day. So I gave up after 10 days. But her workouts are stellar. I have her Metamporphosis 90-day transformation kit. It brings a diet, but I am not following it. I like my 1200 calories a day, thank you very much! As for starting the 90 days...I started it almost 2 weeks ago and the program is BRUTAL I mean you will SWEAT. It's one hour a day. 30 minutes toning, 30 minutes dance cardio aerobics. I'm a fan on her facebook page and it is an amazing community of women, and the people have amazing results. You just have to commit 6 days a week. I haven't done that :/ I've done it maybe four times since I started 2 weeks ago because I've been so busy! (excuses, excuses...) It's funny that you post this now, because I am HOPING *fingers crossed* that I can wake up at 6am to officially start again tomorrow! It's the only time I have! I will try to stick with the workouts as best as I can and keep you updated if you'd like! I am 5'2" 133 lbs, hoping to get to 115 by June 14th (my boyfriend's birthday ;D) So yeah. She has a few other DVDS that I own that truly deliver results IF you really commit to it. I haven't because I'm a college student who has NO TIME except in the mornings, and I haven't been able to wake up to actually workout. (Lazy...) But! I'm hoping that will change because the clock's tickin' and june's right around the corner!!!! :) Hope this helps!
  • stephnsuarez
    Options
    There are a TON of people who criticize her diet, and rightfully so. It is basically starvation, IMHO. But no one can say anything about her workouts. She is so incredibly unique in her method, and they work muscles I didn't even know I had. She has some FUNKY moves and you will be sore for DAYS, but it works. Honestly! She really gets you "teeny-tiny" as she likes to call it. I don't know how, but if you look at the before and after pictures people just shrink, and with no bulkiness. Just long and lean! I'm so jealous of them haha cause there are mothers with kids and full-time jobs that wake up at 4:45 to do her method, and I'm here complaining about studying! lol
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of people who criticize her diet, and rightfully so. It is basically starvation, IMHO. But no one can say anything about her workouts. She is so incredibly unique in her method, and they work muscles I didn't even know I had. She has some FUNKY moves and you will be sore for DAYS, but it works. Honestly! She really gets you "teeny-tiny" as she likes to call it. I don't know how, but if you look at the before and after pictures people just shrink, and with no bulkiness. Just long and lean! I'm so jealous of them haha cause there are mothers with kids and full-time jobs that wake up at 4:45 to do her method, and I'm here complaining about studying! lol

Yeah I just became a fan of her on facebook and I was like OMG those chicks look amazing! TOTALLY keep me posted!!! I REALLLLY want to try it but probably wont until after the summer just because I have a lease with my sister and her kids and I just am not sure if I could be fully committed until I move out on my own (that sounds like a super bad excuse but it is SOOO difficult with all the junk food around here).
  • stephnsuarez
    Options
    Haha I'm the queen of excuses, and trust me yours is a good one! And I saw on your page you're in college AND you work?! I don't even have a job, so I truly have no excuse! Another girl on here added me asking me about Tracy's DVDs and how my progress was, so now having to keep you guys updated is going to keep me motivated!!!!! :D
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im doing her metamorphosis dvds along with her dance cardio dvds:) I tried the "diet" portion of it for about a week but I was miserable so I just try to eat as clean as possible. Couldn't stand all the pureed food...ick! But with doing her workouts I have noticed incredible results, especially in my abs and arms!! I couldn't believe it. The reason I started was because p90x ended up bulking up my arms to much more than I was comfortable with, so wanted to try something new. I started doing her mat workout and post pregnancy dvd (I would highly recommend the mat workout!) along with her dance cardio....and the inches just started coming off!! Way more inches than pounds. I went from a size 32 waist down to a 28 since February, so definitely tightened up in that area:)

I would say to start with the mat dvd and see how you like it. It definitely has a dancer feel to it, and even though it isn't cardio, I still burn close to 500 calories doing it:) So thats a bonus. The dance cardio.....oh my!! Its fun but deadly lol. You can burn about 700 calories in 45 minutes!
  • stephnsuarez
    Options
    Hey! What Meta are you doing? I'm Abcentric and yeah...diet isn't workin' out for me either lol I'm eating clean as well :) Let me know how Meta works for you too! I like it so far I just really want to see results already!!!! haha
  • MTTZ
    MTTZ Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing Tracy Anderson 30-Day Method and I love it, it is very unique and one will see results soon after starting the program. I do no follow the eating plan as it is very low in calories and I to prefer my 1200 calories a day!!! Get it, try it, you will not be disappointed!!!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I can see how her DVD's work since they remind me very much of how The Bar Method tones you. However, I hated them b/c she never told you when to switch moves and there was little encouragement from her in the DVD. Personally, I like some more direction when I am working out. I think I did the metamorphosis one about 5 times before I stopped.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 day method, Mat, Post-pregnancy and Dance cardio (but hated that one!).

I used them after I had my baby and they helped get me into the habit of exercising and building a bit of strength back up.

***I did NOT follow her eating plan, well, because it is CRAZY! I believe in proper nutrition to fuel your daily activity and build a healthy body and not some quick fix loss that you're going to just gain when you start eating normally again.***

30 Day method was the first I tried and, even though I think what comes out of Tracy's mouth is 80% BS, the exercises were challenging, fun and effective. A warning though - as I got stronger and increased reps, to finish all the moves took me near 2 HOURS A DAY! (Again, when you decrease to a manageable amount of time after the 30 days, you're going to lose some of that hard-earned definition, so what's the point?) I wasn't at work and had lots of nap time available so I did it but I think that would get to someone with other responsibilities to be awake, alive and not crippled with sore muscles for! I found the cardio part super boring so half-way through I substituted it for a 30 min Tae Bo routine. I lost crazy inches in the 30 days but wasn't bothered about weight at the time so didn't weigh - sorry.

After the 30 days I kept it up with Mat and Post-pregnancy on alternate days 4-5 days a week (followed by Tae Bo) for about 2-3 months and tried the Dance Cardio but couldn't for the life of me follow it or get at all enthusiastic about it, so got Turbo Fire and off I went in another direction completely, I love it so much! But these were effective while I did them. After about 3 months I had dropped 2 dress sizes.

The most annoying thing about TA is that she never cues you to change sides or on to the next move and rather than coaching you, she is pouting at the camera. She also doesn't do the same number of reps on each side (her beautiful face in the mirror is obviously quite distracting!) so I ended up starting on different sides each time in the hope it would even things out!

The Facebook group is awesome though!
  • perfectdesignseries
    Options
    Hi,,,,,, I absolutely love doing Tracy Andersons dvds, I completed her mat workout, perfect design series 1,2 and 3 and doing omnicentric metamorphosis...with her cardio.. Next week I start abcentric continuity.. I also do her rebounder workout,, I always look forward in doing the exercises... I am getting great results with her workout.. Because I am short, I like the lean look. I tried insanity a while back but noticed my thighs were getting big with all the squats and lunges...I always hated squats and lunges any way...:smile: You either love her or hate her....I use her recipes and double it...Although I dont puree. Have fun exercising to TAM cheers.....
  • harls321
    harls321 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love the Tracy Anderson Meta. I like that it changes every 10 days so I am never bored plus it is very challenging. I don't follow her diet, just watching what I eat and I see results.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    But no one can say anything about her workouts.

Actually, I can say something about her workouts. If you want to spend 90 minutes a day on cardio, be my guest. I'll spend 20 to 30 minutes lifting heavy weights and get faster results. This woman thinks women should eat less than 1000 calories per day and never lift anything heavier than 3 lbs. She's a ditz. And if you agree that her diet advice is insane, why in God's name would you take her fitness advice?
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    She's a ditz. And if you agree that her diet advice is insane, why in God's name would you take her fitness advice?

Ha, ha. I wonder what Tracey thinks about women lifting a baby, toddler or kid that weighs more than 3lbs?
  • quirkyone1
    Options

Actually, I can say something about her workouts. If you want to spend 90 minutes a day on cardio, be my guest. I'll spend 20 to 30 minutes lifting heavy weights and get faster results. This woman thinks women should eat less than 1000 calories per day and never lift anything heavier than 3 lbs. She's a ditz. And if you agree that her diet advice is insane, why in God's name would you take her fitness advice?

QFT.
  • ksushteyn
    Options
    Hi!

I am doing Tracy's Metamorphosis DVD, it is amazing. Not much difference in weight but lost a size in a month. It is fun but hard! Nice and girlie at the same time :)

Try her workouts on youtube and see if it works for you.

Good luck!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't listen to anything Tracy Anderson says or do her workouts. She's right there with Dr Oz for me.
  • perfectdesignseries
    Options
    Hi!

I am doing Tracy's Metamorphosis DVD, it is amazing. Not much difference in weight but lost a size in a month. It is fun but hard! Nice and girlie at the same time :)

Try her workouts on youtube and see if it works for you.

Good luck!

Go Girl.....Its a fun way to work out... I love it....:smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I agree! She gives out wrong, bad advice that is not helpful for fitness. She spouts out a lot of nonsense that is not based in science or reality of the body. It would be one thing if she just made dorky fitness dvd's, but she does that along with bad, wrong info.
  • ksushteyn
    Options
    Nice to see TA people here:)!! Btw, I did not mention it, but I am not following her diet at all. It is too strict, I just count my calories.

I read a lot of negative responses about Tracy's method here, but I personally know a girl who actually inspired me to start TAM, she looks fantastic after giving birth to a baby thanks to TAM.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    bump