Thursday NSV (Non Scale Victory) Thread

Options

Replies

• piq0409
    piq0409 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! For reminding me how important non scale victories are! Since I began my journey, I am down 30 lbs. However, in the last few weeks, it's started to creep back on. I'm still in my smallest pants, but I know it's not all muscle. So I'm on here and tracking! I hate tracking. But I know it works. This is my first full week of tracking. And I have gotten my booty back to the gym. I actually ran last night. I don't really like running. I prefer to walk. But I did short bursts of running, and it wasn't too bad. I just kept reminding myself, I want those pants to fit well again. I remember the first time I went into the dressing room and the size I normally got was WAY to big. Not only did I have choices, but I had actually gone from 14s to 10s! I skipped right over the 12s. Yep, I did the happy dance in those pants! And then today, I got a little emotional reading your comment. That feeling is AMAZING!! And totally makes all the journaling and running worth it! Can't wait to get to the gym tonight. :):)
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm back in my smaller work pants that didn't fit before, and I've gotten onto the elliptical everyday this week!!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 4 inches from my body so far this month. :) So exciting! 3 inches from my bust (probably back fat going, my cups size is the same) and 1 from my hips.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I lost 8 total inches in a month, 3 in my waist and the rest in the thunder thighs (which I am SUPER excited about)!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • melissakaywithrow
    Options
    I am so excited! I went to aqua zumba this morning and one of the ladies noticed that I was loosing weight. This is the first person other than family that has noticed. Made my day!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am a thrift shopper and love garage sales...so last weekend there were 2 sales (early spring here in Michigan isn't so good for sales, so we HAD to go!) and I found a brand new pair of Nike workout pants...nice ones with zippered pockets --never been worn, in a size Large....now understand that I have been in a 1X/2X for most of the last 15 years...

I bought them because most of my stuff is starting to get baggy, figuring i will wear them this summer. Well~ curiosity got to me and I tried them on-and they fit!!! I wore them pants the rest of the day ...just because it was such a great feeling!
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    It's coming up to a year from when I started... some time in April or May, I can't exactly remember... probably because I felt so low and expected to give up as I have so many times before!!

To follow my now usual route and reach the seafront it entails zigzagging down steps along the cliff face...I remember waddling along the seafront at Shanklin early on and seeing a lady coming down with ease ... I had had to do one foot and then the other onto the same step and hold onto both handrails... it occurred to me that I have been SKIPPING down those steps for a while now.... no hands!!
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I came back from a week in Vegas, and one of my co-workers called me Skinny Minnie. I have never been called that ever. Also I went from a size 16 to size 12 :) so I am pretty happy with that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My work out partner is out of town all week, and I didn't use that as an excuse to skip my workouts!
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was asked yesterday by someone I hadn't seen in over a year if I had lost weight :)
    He said I looked really healthy!

Which made me feel like a rock star :D
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My NSV was being handed an open bag of BBQ chips to hold and my very own Butterfinger (favorite candy bar) from DH while on a road trip. I settled for smelling the chips and tucked away the Butterfinger in my purse for later......MUCH later. It is currently resting comfortably in the freezer. DH will eat it in due time.
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mine is that I've been tracking all week and hit the gym.. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow to see my actual SV!
  • jeanababy2
    Options
    My NSV is that I had to get some new pants to wear when I work out b/c I only had 1 pair that I could use... so when I went to the store to get them I was able to buy a size smaller :) I was so happy I could have went another size down but chose not to b/c I like a looser fit!!!
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i finished the 30 day shred in 30 days!!!!!!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Monday I walked into another department int he morning to find them all helping themselves to leftover birthday cake that someone brought in. It looked wonderful and they were all raving about it...but when they asked if I wanted some I said no thank you! Woot-woot....I passed on the cake!
  • neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    I have finally gotten close enoough to my goal (5 lbs.) that I went out and bought a bunch of new pants! And I mean brand new pants rather than old ones from my closet or from the second-hand store (though I am NOT against second-hand clothes. I actually got a skirt and shorts the day before from a consignment shop.) ALMOST ready to go bathing suit shopping!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have come out of Plus Sizes and now wear a 14-16 shirt, and almost size 16 pants. I was a 2X shirt and Size 22 Pants.....
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I jumped up by 20 pounds on the incline bench press! :bigsmile:
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I usually put my cell phone in my pant waistband when i don't have a pocket in my dress pants. The other day it fell right through to the floor since my pants are so loose. I guess it's time to go shopping!!!
  • Dolci07
    Dolci07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I fit into the shorts I wore 2 summers ago. I have gotten married and had a baby since then and it is really exciting to know I am about where I was 2 years ago, and only getting smaller!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!